𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 / 𝚛𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙾𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜

"I can't believe we're here." Amara gasped, getting out of the car and looking around. She could hear music in the background. She could see people going into stores and smiling. "My Niklaus is here."

Audrey smiled and gave her a hug. "Now, lets go and find your man."

Looking for the Mikaelson's home wasn't going to be as bad as they thought. They knew what the house looked like from the article they read. But they still decided to ask the locals for directions. Amara couldn't keep the smile off her face. Every step she took was a step closer to the love of her life.

********

𝙼𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎

"It's almost time." Klaus said to his siblings.

The four vampires spent all night preparing their home and themselves for the fight. They knew this fight would be rough and dirty but by the end of it, someone will be dead. All four siblings stood with wooden stakes in their hands, ready to pounce at whoever walked in.

"I think we found the place." The siblings heard a male voice say.

"There's more than one." Kol whispered to his siblings.

"It's fine, we can take them." Elijah said.

Klaus found it strange though. He hadn't recognised the voice. Although he had so many enemies, who really had the time to memorise each voice?

Using his vampire hearing, Klaus heard the footsteps approaching of not one person, but three. The enemy were still outnumbered so it would make the fight that much easier.

"Hello?" They heard a female voice call.

The siblings looked at each other confused. Why would their attacker call them? Surely they would be planning a surprise attack.

Just as Klaus was about to say something, he saw the shadow of the three people approaching. Holding tightly onto his stake, he waited alongside his siblings. As soon as the first person showed themselves, he yelled and ran towards them, pointing the stake towards them.

"No!! I'm too young to die!!" The man yelled, shielding himself with his arms, Klaus still towering over him with the stake held high.

"Niklaus, he's a civilian." Elijah said, face palming himself. Now he would have to compel the man to forget everything and he honestly was in no mood to.

Klaus turned to the man, glaring at him. "Who are you?!"

"Um, I'm Liam." He said, slightly terrified. This man almost killed him. Of course he'd be shaken up. Two more people approached Liam, both of them being women. Kol, Elijah and Rebekah all gasped. How was this possible?

"Amara?" They all asked.

Amara couldn't believe her eyes. She was really there. She found her family. Her Niklaus. They were all alive and standing in front of her. Rebekah ran over to her and hugged her tight. "I can't believe you're alive."

"I can't believe you're alive." Amara said, hugging her back.

Elijah and Kol dropped their wooden stakes, racing over to their dear friend and hugging her tight. Amara was like a sister to them and they couldn't believe she was there.

"We thought we'd never see you again." Elijah said.

"Yeah, mother told us you were dead. We were devastated." Kol said, confusing Amara. She wanted to ask questions but decided later would be better.

Klaus looked at his siblings all hugging this random girl. He had no idea how they knew her. However, if his siblings trusted her, there was nothing wrong with being nice to her. After all the siblings pulled away, Amara looked at Klaus, tears building in her eyes. She couldn't believe she was face to face with the love of her life. She had waited so long for this moment and it was finally here. He still looked as gorgeous as ever. 

"So, what's your name, Love?" Klaus asked her, making Amara's face fall. Why was he asking this absurd question? Did he not recognise her?

"Niklaus, it's me, my love." She said, raising her hand to touch his cheek when he stepped back, making Amara's heart shatter. Why was he rejecting her?

"Elijah, who is this crazy woman calling me love?" Klaus laughed. "First off, I'm Klaus Mikaelson. Klaus. Not Niklaus. Only my family and loved ones call me Niklaus. Second of all, I don't know who you are calling me love because I don't know you. Now I don't know if you're a spy or not but if you are, well, Love, you'll regret being born."

Amara couldn't believe what she was hearing. She tried searching into his eyes, praying her beloved was just joking around but she could tell he was dead serious. Warm tears fell down her cheeks. Amara was devastated. She was so excited to see him, to hug him, kiss him, hold him. She thought he would be excited to see her again.

"Nik, come on. Why are you still pretending you don't know her? She's here and she's alive." Kol said. He also assumed like Elijah that he simply pretended he didn't know her in order to block out the pain and admit that she had just left. Now Amara was back and by the looks of it, she was in in love with him. Klaus had no reason to keep this act up.

"For the last time, I'm not pretending anything. I don't know who she is." Klaus said, before walking over to his siblings. "Give them what they want and tell them to leave."

And just like that, Klaus left.