Vital Question

Disclaimer: I own neither of these franchises or the art associated with them, they belong to their respective owners and corporations.

Hokage Mansion

While Raijin was at the ramen shop with Naruto and his new team, Hirzuen sat at his desk while hearing the cries from angry civilian leaders who came to him about the 'Masked Reaper' who had killed three villagers. Having already heard the full story from both ANBU and other shinobi, he has a clear cut picture of what actually happened, not what these civilians were actually proclaiming. He knew that a mob of civilians had willingly broken the law he set down, by attempting to attack Naruto, and Raijin had instinctually reacted and killed the offenders. Unfortunately, he would have to send a messenger to retrieve Raijin so he could tell his side of the story, then he would pass judgment. Looking to his left, he motions for a ANBU with a cat mask to come to him, when the ANBU is near he leans in and whispers to the cloaked shinobi what needs to be done.
"I want you to go and bring Raijin Krieg to me, he should be at the Ichiraku Ramen shop." A mere nod comes from the ANBU who quickly disappears to retrieve Raijin.
"You are sending them to arrest the murderer?" A civilian asks Hiruzen, Hiruzen takes a puff from his pipe before answering.
"That 'murderer' as you call him, is being brought here so he may defend himself. The matter of fact is that the villagers he killed had broken the law, a law passed down a long time ago, so, if he 'murdered' them as you say he did, then the truth will be revealed." Most of the civilians scowl at his words, not thinking it would go down this route, but had no choice but to abide by the Hokage's words.

Ichiraku Ramen Shop

Currently, Naruto had a cheshire grin across his face as he stared at the six empty bowls of ramen sitting by Raijin, with one bowl he turned the man into a ramen addict like himself, Team 8 and Kurenai were greatly surprised at the fact, especially after finishing his first bowl Raijin looked at Teuchi and literally said, 'sir, may I have some more'. Since then the man hasn't stopped eating, but the little fun the group was having was about to end as the ANBU that Hiruzen sent walked into the shop.
"Raijin Krieg, I am here on the Hokage's orders to escort you back to the mansion." Raijin gazed at the man, biting down the last of his ramen he sets the bowl down and stands, placing his gas mask back on, which caused a disappointed sigh from Ayame. While putting his helmet back on, Kurenai decided to press the ANBU on why he was being summoned.
"Why is my soon to be student needed by the Hokage?" Not only is she asking for he own curiosity, but also wants to know if she will need to defend her future student from any reprisals by the villagers.
"Civilian leaders know of what happened, but they are twisting it to suit their form of justice, the Hokage wants to hear the whole truth from Krieg." Nodding her head in understanding, she looks to Raijin who looks like he is ready for a fight, is his odd weapon is in his hands with the wooden stock resting on his shoulder, not slung as he usually carries it.
"Do not worry ma'am, I have dealt with insolent civilians before." His heavy voice rasps from behind the mask, she nods her head, not able to find the words needed as she realizes again that he isn't a genin who needs words of encouragement, but a battle hardened veteran. Turning to the cloaked shinobi, Raijin nods his head as they leave the shop, walking towards the Hokage's mansion.
"What nerve those civilians have to be messing with him, our pack mate and they say he needs to answer to them." The irritated voice of Kiba catches their attention, the Inuzuka was many things, but being true to his teammates, or pack mates as he called them, was one of them. Kurenai understood his outlook, as many shinobi do not believe that they should answer to civilians, but that is how their village is free as it is, because the shinobi aren't tyrants dictating to civilians. Her student would learn that soon enough, but now wasn't the time to argue such things.

Hokage Mansion

Arriving back at the mansion, Raijin was once again lead to the Hokage's office. The doors being pulled open, he saw the angered and scowling civilians standing to the side. Walking into the room he pays no mind to the civilians, not even acknowledging them with a glance. Standing before the Hokage's desk he snaps his heels together and reports to the Hokage.
"Guardsmen Krieg reporting as ordered, sir." Hiruzen has to stop the chuckle that comes to him, as this is a very serious matter and he knows Raijin could either be exiled or imprisoned for what happened if his actions do indeed prove him guilt of murder.
"Raijin, you stand before me today accused of the murder of three Konoha villagers. The others in this room state that you killed them without provocation or cause, and that they were innocent. What say you to these accusations?" Raijin stands a little straighter if that is even possible.
"Sir, earlier today while I was walking the village, under your permission, I observed a mob of civilians walking towards a shop. They were shouting things like 'demon child' and 'fox brat', I did not know what this meant so I investigated. Upon my investigation I found them harassing a fellow shinobi of this village, shouting even worse things to said shinobi. I was going to intervene peacefully, but one villager raised a weapon and made to strike the shinobi, I reacted upon my training and terminated the threat. Having caught the attention of the mob I ordered them to place there weapons down, one decided to try once again to strike the shinobi, and I terminated him. A few moments passed before ANBU and other shinobi of the village arrived on scene, among them was Kurenai Yuhi, she told them they were to be taken into custody for breaking various laws, one of them tried to run and I wounded him, the wound could not be mended. That is my report, sir." Raijin reports the entire incident to the Hokage, he does not know if this will help him at all, but the judgement is entirely the Hokage's authority and he will abide by that authority and said ruling. Looking from Raijin to the civilians, Hiruzen puffs from his pipe as he stands from his chair and even glares slightly at the civilians.
"You accuse this man of murder, but his story rings true with that of ANBU and other shinobi that witnessed the events before the intervention. This man is innocent and clear of any wrongdoings that you have tried to place on him, begone from my office and speak no more of this. Those civilians that partook in the mob actions will be imprisoned for their actions, and that is the end of it." Despite his age, his voice was pure steel and resolute in his decision. None of the civilians tried to argue, they merely scowled at Raijin as they turned and left the office one by one.

Sitting back down, Hiruzen sighed to himself as he relit his pipe and puffed from it.
  "I am getting too old to deal with this." His words are more to himself than Raijin who still stands at the front of his desk. Looking at Raijin, then at his desk, he reaches for one of the drawers and opens it, a sad smile comes to his face as he retrieves a Konohagakure head protector from it, keeping it in his hand he stands up once more and walks around the desk to stand in front of Raijin.
  "This head protector used to belong to one of my former students, he betrayed the village a long time ago and is no longer worthy of wearing its symbol, but I see you as the man he could've been. Where would you like it placed." Raijin thinks for a moment then looks to his right arm without saying a word, Hiruzen chuckles and ties the head protector tightly around his right arm so it doesn't fall off.
  "In one day, you have proven what kind of many you are, I hope coming into the world of the shinobi does not change you for the worse like it did my student. You have great potential, I can see it." Hiruzen places his hand on Raijins shoulder and gives a small squeeze before turning and sitting down at his desk once more. Raijin stands there for a few more moments before speaking.
  "I thank you greatly, sir. However, I do have a question?" Hiruzen raises a brow to that.
  "Speak your mind, Raijin." Raijin nods to him before asking his question.
   "What does 'Raijin' mean?"