Ave Dominus Nox

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the art involved in this story, they belong to their respective owners and franchises.

Kirigakure

    Night has fallen over the embroiled battlefield that was the Hidden Mist Village, however, it as becoming clearer by the hours that the traitors were losing horribly. Across the entire village their forces were being routed and hunted down relentlessly, the loyalists being lead by their own Jōnin alongside those from Konoha did not rest in their pursuit of the enemy. Particular one midnight clad individual who was currently finishing slaughtering a group of traitor shinobi with ease, Konrad had broken away from the group earlier in the day and decided to go 'hunting' as he had called it. Tossing the decapitated head of a traitor to the ground, Konrad turns and disappears into e shadows of the night, stalking through the darkness and searching for any traitors. The battle lines had been drawn by the mid-afternoon, both sides having taken claim to separate areas of the village, that didn't not stop Konrad from making holes in their defensive perimeters so that loyalist forces could break through. A dark scowl was plastered on the former legion leaders face, walking down the dark streets made him reminisce of his time back before and during the Great Crusade, when he truly was a monster. The soul of his father had come to him before his arrival, and had forgiven him for the evil he had done. All of the vindication was for not and he had led his sons on genocidal campaigns because he believed it was the right thing, only to find he had become what he strived to destroy. Being in this new world would allow him to truly be what he was supposed to be, a leader, a warrior and a man of justice. Hearing the sounds of battle ahead, Konrad quickly scales a building and moves quickly to the scene, a smirk comes across his face when he sees Raijin and Marcharius alongside loyal shinobi, are cutting down various traitors. Deciding now was a good a time as any, Konrad leaped forward off the building and landed in the middle of the street with a loud slam, crushing many enemies before lashing out with his blades and outright mangling any close to him. After what seems like minutes, but was only seconds, the enemy shinobi laid in crumpled heaps of broken bones and shredded flesh on the ground. Raijin and Macharius we're finally able to gaze at Konrad, the midnight clad armor, the skull and bat wing motifs, the crackling lighting across the armor, both men knew the damnable armor of the Night Lords. Raising their weapons, both of them were ready to attack, but in the last few seconds they were intervened by Kakashi and Guy.
"Do not attack him, my friends. He is on our side in this conflict, and has done more than enough to show it." Raijin stares at both of them through the black lenses of his mask, an aura of dark content seeming to flow off of him as his rage became palpable.
"On our side! Kakashi have you completely lost all sense?! He is one of the ultimate evils back in the Imperium, a traitor of the highest order!" Macharius rages, his bolter aimed at Konrad's head.
"I am here at my fathers behest, mortal. For I am Konrad Curze, Primarch of the 8th Legion." Silence reigns over the street as both Raijin and Macharius stare at Konrad, a small humorless chuckle comes from Konrad as he slowly walks towards them.
"My father sent me to redeem myself, so here I stand. I am here to help you turn the tide of this... Heresy, that is being committed here." Konrad gestures with his talons to the village around them, Raijin still has his las gun aimed at him, not wanting to believe that the emperor would allow such thing but yet again he's seen things that only the Emperor himself could facilitate, miracles and other works that weren't of the tainted warp.
"How is this possible, why would the God Emperor bring a damned traitor to our midst?!" A snarl came to Konrad's lips at hearing the words 'God Emperor', the Emperor was not a god, never wanted to be a god, but because of Lorgar and Horus, the premonitions he once had became true.
"Like I said, he sent me on a... penance crusade as you would call it, I am here for redemption and nothing more." Raijin and Macharius stared at him, before Raijin finally spoke.
"Should you betray us, we will do all in our power to send you to the warp like the rest of your tainted spawn." A grimace creases Konrad's face before turning into a dark grin, with a simple nod he turns and disappears into the shadows once more, leaving everyone to wonder what his plan is.
"By the God Emperor, a Primarch, here in this land. Yet, why out of all of them it has to be him is beyond me. He has a plan, and I don't like what it'll be." Macharius states loudly as he begins to walk away from the scene, not wanting to know of what Konrad will do. Raijin himself looks to Kakashi and Guy who stand there silently, still piecing together what exactly happened.
"I can tell there is a lot of history we do not know, my youthful friend." Nodding his head in the affirmative, Raijin checks his weapons before walking closer to them.
"You said he is on our side?" Kakashi nods his head, confirming his words from earlier.
"He arrived when it looked like we would be overrun, I've never seen anything like him before." A scowl covers Raijin's face underneath his mask.
"Most who have aren't alive to speak of him, so we are all lucky he is on our side. Macharius and I could fight him, but even with both of our strengths I highly doubt we could beat him." Both Jōnins eyes widen as this acclaim, silently wondering how strong this 'Konrad Curze' really is.
"I will rendezvous with Kurenai and Asuma, see how their side of the conflict is going, hopefully we can end this by the sunrise." Guy looks at Raijin and chuckles softly.
"A challenge them my youthful rivals, lets see how many enemies we can defeat by dawn." A chuckle comes from Kakashi, who actually seems to like the idea.
"I like that challenge, let us not waste time then." Raijin speaks before leaping away and heading towards the southern half of the village, where Kurenai and Asuma are currently fighting for their lives against heavier numbers of enemy shinobi.

Southern Side of Kirigakure

The southern half of the village looked more like a war zone than the other parts of the village, Raijin and as perched on top of a building as he looked over the scene before him. Buildings were in ruins or burning, bodies littered the streets.
  "Reminds me of Nostramo in a way." Raijin snaps his attention to the midnight clad form beside him, he nearly jumped from his spot because he didn't hear the Primarch arrive at all.
   "Your home world?" Raijin asks the hulking man beside him, no one in the Imperium truly knew anything about the traitor Primarchs and their sons, aside from those that fought them. The agents of the Inquisition and other aspects of the Imperial government kept any and all information regarding them to be heretical to outside persons.
   "Yes, it was, before I destroyed it. The people were poisonous, outright worthless humans beings. Yet, I made them that way, I did not leave behind people to control them and because of that I had to kill them." With a rustle of the wind, the Primarch was gone, having leapt to another building and descending into the darkness of the night. Raijin watched the area silently for a few more moments before leaping across more buildings, intent on finding Kurenai and Asuma.

  Raijin did not have to wait long as he found both of them alongside a group of loyalists. Descending from the building caught many of the Hidden Mist shinobi off guard, which almost made them attack but they were stopped by Asuma and Kurenai.
  "By Kami am I glad to see you, we've been fighting nonstop for the past six hours." A battered looking Asuma states to his friend while lighting a cigarette.
  "That is why I have come to rendezvous with you. We have a new fighter on our side, any one will be able to tell who it is when they see him. Macharius is leading men in the northern and eastern areas, while Kakashi and Guy are controlling the central part of the village. We almost have this won, we just need to take control of the south, this ends tonight." Anymore words of his were interrupted by the distant sounds of pain and horror filled screams, a grimace came to his face as he knew that Curze was at work.
  "Seems that he is already at work, prepare everyone for a massive assault, we are finishing this before sunrise." Kurenai nods as she walks away to gather what loyalist shinobi they have left, Asuma stays behind to talk with his friend.
   "I never would've imagined I'd be involved in a civil war, especially one that ends so quickly." A small chuckle from Raijin reaches his ears.
   "We will be back in Konoha before the end of the month. Hopefully we can finish the meeting with the Mizukage, and that the terms will be suitable." Nodding his head in agreement, Asuma sits down on a piece of rubble while smoking his cigarette.
  "I want to marry her." Raijin still stares out into the streets, having heard what his friend said.
  "Who?" A sigh comes from Asuma as he rubs the back of his head.
  "Kurenai, I want to marry Kurenai." Asuma stares at his friends back, not knowing if the younger man will support him or not.
  "Do what you think is right." A smirk comes to Asuma's face, then it is replaced by puzzlement as Raijin starts to walk down the street just as Kurenai shows up with the other shinobi.
  "Where are you going? We're all here." Not stopping or turning around, Raijin responds quickly to them.
  "The silence, have you noticed it, it's all fallen silent." This catches all of them by surprise when they finally notice the silence, a very eerie once that has fallen over the southern area of the district. Not wanting to waste them, they follow Raijin as they take to the roof tops and leap from building to building. All of them come to a stop at an area where a bunch of buildings have been turned to rubble, broken and mutilated bodies litter the ground in various places. What is most disturbing though, is the bodies hanging or pinned to separate buildings, various parts of their bodies being mangled or outright removed. The scene itself causes some of the shinobi to fall to their knees and vomit, such grotesque brutality being something some of them are not used to. Finally, the mist clears enough to show the hulking form of Konrad who is sitting on a throne made of rubble while holding the flayed skull of a traitor in his talons.
   "This heresy... All of this bloodshed, is over." The dark words reach all of them as the pitch black eyes of Konrad Curze turn and gaze at them, a small fang filled grin greets them as he stands from the throne which causes many to shake in fear at the mere presence he gives off. Walking down the rubble, he stands before them and tosses the flayed skull aside as if it were a trinket.
  "Return to the Mizukage and inform her, this heresy is over. I will remain to make sure the trash is disposed of, I won't be long." Not a word more, Curze disappears into the dark once again. Raijin turns his gaze to Asuma and Kurenai, thinking of what to tell them.
   "That is the fighter I spoke of." Asuma and Kurenai both look on, shocked and horrified at the fact that a hulking monster of such brutality is on their side. Smeared on a wall in blood are these three words, fully recognizing that Konrad Curze is there to stay, 'Ave Dominus Nox'.