Brothers in Arms

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the art involved in this story, they belong to their respective owners and franchises.

Konoha Academy: Two Weeks Later

  The exams have finally begun, shinobi from the various villages have arrived to partake in the exam. Teams from Konoha, Suna, Kiri and various others have started to show up at the Konoha Academy for the initial testing which is a written exam. Currently, Raijin was standing at one of the stairwells inside the building and was leaning against the wall. He was acting as a sentry to make sure no teams acted out against one another, because he knew of some of the rivalry and bad blood between the villages. He turned his masked gas to three familiar faces walking towards him from the stairs, not even saying a word he raised his arm and points down the hallway. The three genin say nothing as they start walking down the hallway, going towards the classroom where other teams have already arrived. Raijin watches as more and more teams pass by, one team in particular of three Hidden Mist genin seem to stop and stare at him and seem to recognize him immediately, the looks of both awe and fear making it painfully obvious.
  "Move along, genin. You have an exam to take, and I do not think Ibiki will care if you are late or not, he'll just send you back to Kirigakure without a thought." All three genin furiously nod their heads before rushing towards the classroom, Raijin chuckles to himself as he stands to his full height and starts walking towards the classroom, having not seen any other classes teams or individuals arrive. Arriving at the classroom, he takes a breath before entering and soon stands beside Ibiki Morino, a small smirk comes to his face when he sees the looks of fear the recognition that comes across many of the foreign genin's faces. Raijin tuned out Ibiki who began to explain the rules with the other proctors standing around them. He eyes all of those in attendance from the various villages, and a dark smirk comes to his face at the prospect of ousting any failures who can't handle the task. Slowly, he walks the main once the tests are handed out, making it seem like he is leaving the testing room, which he is, but not before making a point. Passing by one genin, he sees that they are already trying their hand at cheating without getting caught, unfortunately for said genin they were caught by him. Lashing out quickly, Raijin grabs the back of the genins head before viciously slamming their head on the desk in two quick successions, causing everyone to stop what they're doing and look at him. The second slam resounded in a cracking sound filling the room, like an egg being broke open. Many looked on in absolute shock and fear, even his former teammates were frightened at this display of sheer brutality. Letting the body slump to the floor, Raijin looks around the room and sees that everyone is staring at him.
   "Getting caught stealing information, will result in death in the shinobi world, our world. Many of you, still don't seem to grasp that concept. You get caught, you are tortured, ravaged, brutalized and eventually killed. You may beg for your life, but the enemy will not care, they will use whatever means to extra that information back from you and then kill you in the most inhuman way imaginable. Proctors, remove this filth." Two proctors appear and lift the body, taking it out of the room followed by Raijin, the doors slam shut behind him, Ibiki smirks slightly as he knows Raijin's plan. Outside the testing room. Raijin chuckles to himself as he looks at the two proctors and the supposed body.
  "I think they get the point, good work on playing dead." The body puffs away with smoke to reveal Genma Shiranui, who rubs his head and grimaces at Raijin.
  "Geez, did ya have to prove that much of a point?" Raijin smirks at his fellow proctor behind his mask and pats his shoulder.
  "Genma my friend, I'll buy you a sake later." The two other proctors chuckled, one being Izumo Kamizuki and the other being Kotetsu Hagane.
   "Lets go get that sake, my head is killing me. Besides, I don't wanna be here when Anko makes her entrance." Raijin pats Gemma's shoulder as both of them walk off down the hallway, Izumi and Kotetsu chuckle at the sight of the two unlikely friends.

Ichiraku Ramen

   A few minutes later, Raijin and Genma are sitting at the counter of the small eatery that Raijin often frequents, bowls of ramen in front of them and a battle of sake to split between the both of them.
  "I hear the Hokage assigned you as a proctor alongside Anko, for the 'Forest of Death', section of the exam." A sigh comes from Raijin, who takes a drink of his sake.
   "That he did, I am just following his orders." Genma nods in understanding at that, being apart of the Hokage guard platoon he knows what Raijin is talking about. Looking at his friend, he remembers the incident from a months ago.
   "I heard about what you did for Anko, most of us in the guard platoon did. The reason being, is because the man you killed was once one of the platoon. I am ashamed at the fact he was one of us, after hearing what he tried to do. However, you have my full support, I want you to know that." Raijin pats Genma's shoulder and pours him more sake, he raises his cup to his friend in a toast.
   "Loyal to the end." Genma smirks and raises his cup to toast with Raijin.
   "Loyal to the end." Both men down their sake in seconds, sharing a chuckle between themselves. Raijin is about to turn his head when he feels two arms wrap around him and a pair of D-cup sized breast's press against the back of his head.
   "Where have ya been partner? I've been looking for you, time to go to the forest." The almost seductive voice of one violet haired Jōnin rings in Raijin's ears and he knows who it is. Genma tries not to chuckle at the sight before him, Anko is known to be flirtatious and even seductive, but here she is outright trying to get at Raijin.
   "Anko, nice to know you haven't forgotten your duties." A chuckle escapes the violet haired woman as she seems to squeeze him closer.
   "That's right pretty-boy, now let's get going. A lot of brats are gonna be waiting for us." She squeezes his head closer into her breast's before disappearing, Raijin looks behind him, then at Genma, then at his sake cup.
  "What in the Warp just happened?" Genma laughs, but quickly shuts up at the glare he receives from Raijin. A sigh escapes Raijin, he stands up and placed a couple of Ryō on the counter table, but grabs Genma by the shoulder, surprising the other Jōnin.
  "Should I have to suffer with her, then you will suffer with me." Before he can argue, Raijin leaps into the air while still holding onto Genma who shouts in indignation.

Forty-Fourth Training Ground: Forest of Death

  Arriving at the training ground with Genma beside him, both men arrived at Anko gave her little talk while the genin were filling out their papers. Many of the genin look up from what they're doing to see the two other Jōnin. One genin in particular, a red head Sunagakure nin, stares at Raijin while the voices of 'mother' speak to him, telling him to be wary of the man but is insistent on having his blood.
  "Where have you been, green eyes?!" Anko almost shouts at seeing Raijin finally arrive and is happy to see him. Raijin sighs before chuckling a she comes to stand in front of Anko, who has to stop herself from blushing at seeing the height difference between the both of them. She's had a crush on him ever since she's first saw him, which turned into outright attraction when he saved her.
  "I'm here now, ain't I?" Anko almost shivers at his voice, being behind the gas mask it sounds much more intimidating to anyone else, but to her it doesn't sound intimidating at all. Shaking her head she looks at the genin, a smirk coming to her face as she decides to play a little game with them.
  "Listen up brats, your test begins the minute you cross that fence. Remember you must attain both scrolls, kill to take them or do whatever you have to do. Complete the mission, by any means necessary." Raijin steps forward and takes the moment to speak, the black lenses of his mask looking particularly at the Konoha teams.
  "You know what you have to do, get the job done and do not disappoint me. Kill the enemy, obtain the scrolls and claim victory for not only your team but for the village. Move!" Without a second thought, the Konoha teams disperse in different directions towards the forest, with the other foreign teams following close behind.
  "Let the games begin."A dark grin comes over Raijin's face as he removes his gas mask, staring at the forest of death.
  "I wager 200 Ryō that we hear a scream within the first hour." Genma grins, while Anko smirks at the bet.
  "I say within the first thirty minutes." Raijin smirks at her, he himself getting slightly lost looking into her eyes.
  "You have yourself a bet." He chuckles and looks back at the forest, a slight satisfaction coming over him as he knows the Konoha teams will succeed or die trying.