War in the Mist [Warning]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the art involved in this story, they belong to their respective owners and franchises. Also, in case any of y'all are curious, Jurten is a blue bay shepherd.

Gates of Kirigakure

   The gate guards of Kirigakure were going about their regular shift, not really worried about a thing going on. When they saw the team of Jōnin approaching down the road with the gold plated Macharius in foot, they immediately went on guard. The fact that they finally recognized the Konoha symbol put them even more on edge, they were about to attack when the voice of the Mizukage reached them from behind, as she was walking with Ao and Chōjūrō.
  "I would not recommend such actions, that is the representative party I sent for. You attack them, and you will be punished severely." Both of the gate guards immediately put away their kunai, knowing that defying the Mizukage would definitely mean their deaths. Mei stood there patiently, glad she was able to reach the gate in time before the guards did something stupid. Her only hope was that the council would find out about this later rather than sooner, but that likely wouldn't happen. Finally standing before her, the representative team of Jōnin bowed respectfully to her, including Raijin and Macharius. Her eyes settled on Raijin as she immediately recognized the gas mask he wore, and she knew that this was the man she wanted to speak to the most, Macharius was someone she had no information at all about and did not know what his play in all of this was, as he did not have a Konoha headband present on him.
  "I welcome you to Kirigakure, I apologize for the actions of the gate guards. Not too often we get visitors here in the village, but I am glad you were able to make it." She offers a friendly smile to them, Kakashi being the default leader of the group takes the moment to talk.
"We are honored by your welcome, Mizukage. Our Hokage sends his regards and hopes that this meeting will bare much fruit between both of our villages. Allow me to introduce my companions." He introduces the other Jōnin first, when he finally reaches Raijin, the Mizukage beats him to the introduction.
  "Raijin Krieg, I know who you are." The black lenses of the gas mask stare back at her, then the raspy voice of Raijin graces her ears, almost making her shiver.
  "I have no doubt you do, your shinobi have hunted me relentlessly with nothing to show for it... Besides their own nightmares to retell." His last remark is directed at Chōjūrō, the spectacled shinobi is still recovering from some of the wounds Raijin inflicted on him, but still showed up alongside the Mizukage to greet them.
  "I wish to formally apologize for the attacks, Raijin Krieg. The orders may have come from me, but the councilors pushed me into sending out the teams to capture you, I merely want to talk." Once more she can't tell what Raijin is thinking behind the mask, but hopes that she will be able to speak to him alone once all the formalities are over.
"Lastly, I would like to introduce Solar Macharius. He is a new addition to the shinobi of Konoha, and was sent on this mission to better learn our ways." Kakashi didn't truly lie, but didn't fully tell the truth either, because telling the Mizukage that the man in gold was a man that lead entire armies would've made them look crazy. Macharius meanwhile bows his head respectfully to Mei, his helmet held at his side showing off his short black hair.
  "A pleasure to meet you, Mizukage." A small blush comes to Mei's face as she gives a nod of respect to the gold plated man, 'a gentleman shinobi, that's rare', she almost chuckles to herself.
  "Let's head to my office, no doubt the councilors have already heard of this so they will be barging through the door any moment." That being said, the Mizukage alongside the Jōnin make their way to her office.

Mizukage Office

  The group finally arrives at the office, however, Mei isn't even able to open her mouth to speak before the doors fly open and the councilors step inside. Any words they had to say died at that moment, as Macharius had his bolt pistol aimed at them and was ready to fire.
  "Dare to speak on your leaders decisions, and I will repaint the walls with your brains." Many of the councilors visibly pained, not expecting a gold plated man aiming some foreign weapon at them.
  "Macharius, there is no need for that." The voice of Mei catches the former lord commanders attention as he places the bolt pistol back on his hip, Raijin himself had a smirk underneath his mask. One of the councilors found his courage once more and decided to speak, all the while casting glares and disgusted glances at the Konoha shinobi.
  "Mizukage, this is against the wishes of the council. We advised that capturing the one known as Raijin Krieg would be more beneficial, yet here you are inviting him and other Konoha shinobi into this very village. Have you gone mad?!" The results of his words were an immediate reaction from the Mizukage, showing that even though she was a caring woman she was also not one to play games with.
  "Capturing has gone so well hasn't it?! Because of your warmongering schemes, he was forced to kill 15 of our best shinobi, cripple one for life and severely wound another. Based on the reports from the Hokage of Konoha, everything Raijin Krieg has done was in self defense!" Her words do not perturb the war-hawk councilors, if anything it pushes them to try and put their case forward even more.
  "Lies, the Hokage of the Hidden Leaf tells nothing lies. Our shinobi were murdered by that monster, they gave him a chance to surrender. The old fool is merely trying to blind us to his true intention, to wipe us out." The seemingly deranged councilor is about to say more, but the leather combat glove of Raijin is at his throat in mere seconds and it is obvious he means to choke the life out of the lying old man.
  "You dare to speak of our Hokage in such a manner?!" Even his fellow Konoha Jōnin are surprised at his quick rage and actions, having not seen him react like this before.
  "Stand down, soldier!" The booming voice of Macharius snaps Raijin out of his rage, as he drops the gasping old man to the ground and backs away. Placing a steadying hand on Raijin's shoulder, Kakashi makes himself heard.
  "We were sent here to negotiate with the Mizukage, to speak of peaceful terms and establish better relations between our villages. Not to stand here and be belittled by lies and deceit, Mizukage, are the actions of your councilors the official actions of this village or are yours?" Mei stands to speak, but one of the councilors finally snaps, having had enough.
  "This red headed whore does not know what is best for this village! We are the vill..." Before he can finish his words a .75 caliber bolt shell turns the mans head into paste and pink mist. The smoke from Macharius' bolt pistol looms in the air, a disgusted grimace paints the mans face as he stares at the other councilors.
"So, it's treason then." Despite being old, the councilors act quickly as they unsheathe knives of varying kinds from their cloaks and rush at the Jōnin and at the Mizukage. None of them make it far as they are quickly dispatched by the Jōnin in the room, blood and body parts soon litter the once clean office of the Mizukage. One councilor is still alive and is laid over the desk of the Mizukage, who herself holds a kunai to the old mans throat while Raijin digs the bayonet of his las gun deeper into the mans guts, causing him to scream out in pain.
  "Who are your other conspirators?!" Mei yells in rage, she wanted a peaceful meeting but instead it turned into a impromptu coup.
  "T... They are about to attack the v-village. W..we gathered forces to overthrow you... You wretched wh-" His words are cut off by a painful scream as Raijin drives the bayonet to its hilt, causing the dying councilors screams to turn into gurgles as blood runs from his mouth. Raijin violently jerks the bayonet free, as the man would die from blood loss. Mei casually pushes the man off her desk, breathing heavily as she looks out into the village, seeing explosions caused by explosive tags erupting in various areas. Turning back to the Konoha shinobi present before her, she nods solemnly to them.
  "These treacherous councilors planned all of this, this is not your fight and I will not blame you if you leave." Kakashi looks at the other and gives them a nod, Raijin and Macharius do something next that makes the Jōnin lower their heads in embarrassment and Mei to look onwards shocked, both men launch themselves from two separate windows and land effortlessly on the street below.
  "We will help you quell this rebellion, then we will take of alliances." Mei looks to Kakashi with a grateful smile, as she didn't think they'd be willing to help.
  "Thank you." She says to them before they all leave the office together, meanwhile down in the streets the battle lines are already being made, those loyal to the councilors and those loyal to the Mizukage. What the enemies of the Mizukage didn't realize, was that Konoha had sent its best and they chose a wrong time to attempt a coup. A soldier of Krieg and a former lord commander walked down separate streets of the village, about to make their own bloody path in the history of this civil war, blood will run in the streets and may the Shinigami take mercy on those that stand against the Mizukage, for the men of the Imperium will show no mercy at all.