Crimson Gaze

Disclaimer: I do not own the art involved in this story, they belong to their respective owners and franchises.

Raijin's Training Grounds

Sitting on a bolder with his arms crossed, Raijin waits for his student to arrive. However, a small smirk came to his face as he heard a rustling in the trees to his left. With a quick nap of his wrist and hand, a shuriken from a pouch on his waste goes flying toward the tree, a shocked yell comes from the tree as one orange clad blond falls from said tree.
  "Morning, Naruto." A chuckle escapes Raijin before he takes a bite from a pear he held in his right hand.
  "What the hell was that for, big bro?!" The blond yells loudly, the shuriken being thrown at him really catching him off guard.
  "You're too loud and make your presence known easily, Naruto. I commend you on your effort, perhaps you could join the training session I have for Sasuke today, when he finally arrives." Naruto grind in excitement at the idea, but he has no clue what is in store for him when Sasuke arrives. Minutes pass before Sasuke arrives, however, he is not alone. Standing beside Sasuke is none other than Mikoto, dressed in Jōnin gear with a Uchiha clan symbol on the back of her flak vest instead of the usual symbol. Raijin stares at her and she stares back at him, surprised that one as young as Raijin is a Jōnin and a teacher at that, but it is his gaze that slightly unnerves her, cold, calculating and seeming to pay attention to every movement.
"You are late, Sasuke." The accented voice of Raijin reaches her ears, his words make her look down at her son who is visibly pale from Raijin's words.
"Naruto will be joining our training session today, now... To the 'Rock'." Sasuke turns and starts sprinting with Naruto on his tail, Naruto is still grinning as he doesn't imagine a training session with Raijin would be anything different.
"You are the young Uchiha's mother?" Mikoto stares at the man before her, he takes another bite from his pear as he stares back at her, his cold eyes seeming to stare into her soul.
"Yes I am, I came because I was concerned by what my son told me, about your training methods." She feels her rage start to rise when a smirk comes to Raijin's face, a slight twinkle in his eyes of amusement.
"My training methods are perfectly sound, madam. Had I strictly been following the training methods used on my world, your son would've been broken by this point. However, last I checked, it is his place as a genin and as a shinobi to decide who trains him. Kakashi trains him, that is true, but I am instilling a fire in him that Kakashi hasn't. A fire his father neglected to fuel, and one yourself have taken no part in." Mikoto's eye twitches at the outright insult towards her dead husband and herself.
"You dare to speak of things you nothing about?" Raijin stands from the bolder and slowly walks towards her, his face devoid of emotion.
"You say that, yet it is I who is doing everything to make sure Sasuke succeeds. I show him how things are, I do not henpeck him, he has you for that." A wisp of wind rustles the grass and Raijin raises his hand casually, catching the fist directed at him by Mikoto who lunged at him. She seethes internally, her sharingan flaring as she stares at the man in front of her, no one since Fugaku and his schemes has made her become angry in such a way.
"My, my, my, what a temper you have madam. I now see where Sasuke gets that fire of his from, however, you are not a match for me and I suggest you calm yourself. What would your son think, seeing his mother attacking his teacher? Temper, temper." Mikoto feels her rage increase even more at the amused tone, that is what catches her off guard, is that there is no malice or condescension in his voice. Her dark eyes once again stare into his green eyes, and she can't help but allow a small smile to grace her lips. Pulling her fist back, she giggles softly and slightly pinches the bridge of her nose.
"I apologize for my reaction, I have been tired lately. The civilian council has been trying to tell me to marry again, seeing as how I am the only remaining female Uchiha. My son is not of age to marry, but I am still able to have children, hence the civilians want to see the Uchiha clan rebuilt." A visible frown comes to Raijin's face, which is replaced by a small snarl.
"I hate civilians." The outright hatred in his tone catches her off guard, Raijin calms himself when he looks and sees Sasuke sprinting back with Naruto right beside him.
"Liegestütze!" Sasuke drops to the ground and starts doing push-ups.
"Back to the rock, Naruto!" Naruto turns and starts sprinting again, Raijin sent him back to the rock as he did not drop down fast enough for push-ups. Mikoto steps back and watches, wanting to observe and see how Raijin conducts himself as a sensei.
"You will do push-ups until he gets back, so you better pray to the Emperor, that he runs faster than you do! Am I understood?!" Sasuke nods his head furiously as he keeps doing push-ups, Raijin sighs loudly and crouches down beside Sasuke and points to the small lake which is 200 yards from them.
"You will do 50 push ups, sprint to the lake, do 50 more push-ups and sprint back and repeat, until he returns. Should you slow down, I will postpone chakra training until tomorrow. Move, move, move!!" Sasuke jumps to his feat and sprints towards the lake.

Mikoto watches with a worried expression, it has been nearly ten minutes and Naruto has yet to return, Sasuke already looks haggard as Raijin upped the workload even more. Looking to her left, a small sigh of relief escapes her at seeing the blond returning.
"He's scary when he wants to be." A small chuckle escapes the Uchiha matriarch, she turns her head and sees Tsume standing there with Kuromaru raise her.
"Morning, Tsume, what brings you out here?" A chuckle escapes Tsume as she watches Raijin with obvious wanting in her eyes.
"I came to see what kind of teacher he is, I now see he is a very tough teacher." Both women watch Raijin as he looks at both the younger shinobi, he points to the lake and the direction of Hokage Rock.
"You will go again and if you go slower than last time, I will make you suffer for the rest of the day, now get moving soldiers!" Neither genin hesitate to start sprinting towards the lake, then taking off towards Hokage Rock. Turning to look at both women, Raijin walks towards them and stops a few feet away from them.
   "Who wants to spar?" The question makes Tsume laugh while Mikoto shakes her head with a small grin, 'always something to prove', Tsume thinks to herself staring at Raijin.

End of this part, hope y'all enjoy and I will see you all down range. In the words of Boris, stay Cheeki Breeki.