CHAPTER-6 Mei

On reaching my school my eyes popped out, the whole campus was filled with students from different schools. There were all sorts of lighting and decoration done around the campus, for a moment I forgot how to act.

From the crowd, I saw my best friends Sara and Hana waving and running towards me.

All the best Mei.....they told me the moment they reached near me.
Your event is at 9 am right? Sara asked me.
Yes, I replied.

Ok, after the competition come to the canteen by 10:30 and we will enjoy watching some events and checking out boys from other schools. Sara said.

Always thinking about boys, Hana mocked her.

I went straight to the venue, The place was crowded and busy, I selected a spot and sat there.

The topic for the event was announced "your dream".

I drew a girl wearing a red dress painting on a canvas.

After my competition, I went to the canteen where I met Hana.

Where is Sara I asked her?

She is out there checking out boys I guess, she replied.

We brought two juice and started drinking, and saw Sara running towards us.
She was panting when she reached us.
What is it? I and Hana asked in unison.

Come to the music venue quickly, before we could say anything she pulled our hands and we started running towards the music venue.

The venue was filled with students when we reached there. We could hear someone play the guitar
I can't see anything I told them, and we made our way to the front pushing the students in the crowd away.

Isn't he really handsome Sara asked in excitement.

I looked at his face and our eyes locked.

He is so cute, I heard Hana agreeing to Sara in the back.

His name is Hiro, Sara said.

What do you think of him they asked me?

"No, he looks average."I blabbed without even looking at them. My eyes were locked into his.

I looked around and saw everyone drooling over the guy.

Let's go it's boring I told my friends.

Have you gone insane? They mocked me.

Ok then you guys enjoy this cacophony, I am going to watch the dance events. I said.

Wait for 5 minutes, we can go after he finishes.

Before leaving the venue, I turned back and looked at him once again. Amidst the crowd, I saw him looking back at me.

On my way back home, everything felt new. The sky was in bright blue and the sun rays were passing through the leaves of the trees and hitting my face, and there was a light wind blowing playing with my hair. As I walked my heart started fluttering, I was thinking about the guy who played the guitar.

On reaching home, I took a notebook and wrote.
MEI
HIRO
FLAMES