CHAPTER-12 Mei

I walked my way to my art class. In my mind I was wishing he had talked to me, as I was nearing my class building, I felt someone was behind me. I turned back and it was him, all sweaty and panting. I was surprised when I saw him. I thought he would ask my name.
But then he asked me when I would go back to the station. I was more surprised to hear that. I told him about the time. Thank God he didn't believe in Flames. He told me he would wait for me at the station.
During my class, I was constantly thinking about what we would talk about. In my mind I wanted the class to be over as soon as possible.
Once the class got over, I packed everything quickly and walked to the station, where I saw him waiting for me. I brought my ticket and went near him.

We looked at each other and didn't know what to say.
My name is Mei I told him.
He told me his name.
We stood there together without saying anything and when the train came got into the same compartment.
It was crowded like anything.

Amidst the crowd, we stood together, at times we looked at each other.
We got down at my station.
Should I drop you home? He asked me.
No, I replied.
Do you have your own phone? he asked me.
Not yet. I replied
He took a paper from his bag, wrote his number, gave it to me and said
"Call me whenever you want."
Can we meet again tomorrow? he asked me.
I smiled and walked away.

On my way home, I was thinking about nothing but about him and what just happened.
I was about to burst out from within. My mind was filled with the imagery of us on the train. When I reached home, the first thing I did was to keep the paper in which his number was written safely.

Mei...Do you wanna go shopping? I heard my mom ask me.

Yes...I replied.