CHAPTER-24 mei

As the weekdays began, the bubble of romance formed around me had broken and I saw myself again in the world of exams, studies, and worries about the future.

Did you meet him? Sara asked me when we met at school.
Yes, he proposed and I told him yes. I told them.

It's ok to be in a relationship, but don't let it tilt the focus you need on your future, they told me.

I am going to talk to dad about pursuing art I told them.

Try your best to convince him. Don't get disheartened if he doesn't agree. We will figure a way out.

At home, while we were having dinner, I signed at my mom to initiate the conversation of me pursuing art after college to my dad.

Listen...my mom told to dad.
Mei was talking about pursuing art after college? What do you think about it?

My dad continued having dinner and he didn't seem to care about answering mom.
Her school is going to end, so If you agree we could try to get her admission into a good art college.

Mei..he called me.
Yes...I answered.
I don't want you to do anything other than a professional course. You can pursue art along with it if you want. This is the last time we are going to have a conversation about this. Focus on your studies and don't go to the art class during your final exam days.. Focus on scoring good marks and only that is what is expected from you.

I went back to my room, I was sad, but deep down, I had already known that dad won't agree. I will pursue art along with my college, I thought to my self.
As I laid in my bed, tears of sorrow and pain shed from my eyes and There was nothing more I could do about it than wipe them away.