Chapter Twenty-three

"How is she?"

"Mmm... She's okay. She's sad of course." I answered as I looked through the photos that were taken.

"Where's she at? The daycare?"

I sighed, "Yeah, I've been getting a lot of work."

"Don't stress yourself out, it's not good for you or the baby."

"I know Tae. I'll be off in a few minutes. I just need to submit the photos." I tell him.

"Okay." I hear Taehyung sigh. "I miss you."

I smile, "I miss you too."

"Tae, we need to finish getting ready!" I hear Hoseok call out.

"Oh, okay hyung. I got to go..."

"That's okay. Call later tonight. I'll make sure Yuri stays up for the video call."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye." I hung up the phone. I submitted the pictures and got my stuff together. I smiled, thinking about how excited Yuri was going to be when I told her she would get to see Taehyung on video call. My bodyguard drove me to the daycare and I walked in. "Hi." I smiled to the lady in the front.

"Hi Ms. Park. They just finished lunch. Let me go get her." I looked at my phone as I waited for them.

But... something felt strange.

I heard a lot of commotion going on in the back. I see the lady run back up worried. "I-I'm so sorry Ms. Park..."

"What? What's the matter?" I began to feel panicked.

"We... we can't find Yuri."

My eyebrow furrowed. "What do you mean you can't find her?"

"She isn't in any of the classes."

I felt like my whole world stopped. My eyes began to water. "H-how do you even lose a child?" My voice shook. "Pl-please go look again... I'll have my driver drive around the area to see if she got out..."

"I'm so sorry about this Ms. Park."

"Just find my little girl..." Tears ran down my face. I wiped them away, running back to the car.

"Ms. Park, is everything okay? It's taking longer than usual."

"I need you to drive around. They somehow lost Yuri. I don't even know how... I just need to find her."

"Of course ma'am." He starts driving around the daycare. My hopes of finding her were slowly dying. Maybe Minho was right... I'm not fit to be Yuri's mother. I pulled out my phone and called Yugyeom.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Yuggie..." I whimpered out.

"Noona? What's wrong?" Concern took over his voice.

"Yuri's gone." I cried into the phone.

"What? Noona what do you mean? How does that even make sense?"

"I went to pick her up at the daycare and she's gone missing..." I took a breath trying to calm myself. "I can't find her Yugyeom... My baby girl is lost somewhere. Is it me? Does she hate me? Is she mad that she hasn't seen Tae?"

"Okay first of all. Take a breath. You're overthinking this." Yugyeom tries to soothe me and calm down. "Yuri loves you and you know that. Something must have happened. We finished our schedule for today, so we can help look around."

"What is your brother was right..." I spoke quietly.

"What?"

"That I'm not fit to be her mother... How could I lose her?"

"Noona, you're an amazing mother to Yuri. Please don't doubt that. My brother is an idiot for letting you two go. Also, you didn't lose her. You were working. The daycare lost her." I sighed as he talked. "Have you called Tae hyung yet?"

"No, I called you first because you're actually here in Korea. He isn't. That way while I'm calling him I still have people on the look out for Yuri."

"Alright. We will head out. We will call you if we get any news. Go tell Tae hyung what's going on."

"Thank you Yugyeom..." I hung up the phone and dailed Taehyung's number.

No response.

I then dialed Sejin's number.

"Hello?"

"Sejin oppa... are they busy right now?"

"They are in the middle of an interview right now. Why is something wrong?" He asks.

"Are they busy after?"

"Just more practice rehearsal for the concert tomorrow."

"Then, don't tell him until they are done with the interview."

"You're scaring me Y/n. What's going on?"

"Yuri has gone missing... I don't know how... but the people at the daycare lost track of her." I bit my lip. "I have people searching with me right now... but Tae... I know he would want to know."

"Are you sure you want me to tell him?"

"If you can't, then tell him to call me as soon as possible." I sighed.

"Alright. Keep me updated. He should be calling in an hour."

"Thanks oppa." I hung up the phone and groaned in frustration. "Of course I would be in this position when the person I need is gone in another country."

"Still no sight of her ma'am." I looked up at the bodyguard and nod.

"Just... a couple more times... please?"

"Of course." He drives around again.

I decided to text Taehyung.

My Love TaeTae 💜

Me: Hey... I know you're busy
right now... but... I need you
to call me as soon as possible.

Me: It is really important.

I put my phone in my pocket. "Let's go to the park... maybe she wandered over there?"

"Why don't you drop me off there, and your circle around again. Yuri knows you, so she'd come to you." He seemed a bit hesitant, but then agrees.

When we got to the park, I ran out looking around and calling out for my daughter. "Yuri!" I yelled out. Tears streamed down my face. "Baby girl... please be okay..." As I was looking, I heard my phone ringing. I quickly answered, seeing who it was. "Baby?"

"Hey, what's going on? Sejin hyung said you needed to talk to me." Taehyung spoke with concern.

"What do I do? The daycare somehow lost Yuri... What do we do?" I cried.

"Wh-what?" Taehyung stutters, "What do you mean they lost her? How does that even happen? Have you found her?"

"N-no, I can't find her either..." I cried. "What do I do?" I tried not to breakdown where I was.

"Hey try to calm down... We will find her. Try to think... Where else would she go if she was out by herself?"

I tried to think. "Uh... I thin-" I let out a muffled scream. Someone held me still with a cloth covering my mouth. I tried to fight and get away, but they were too strong. I dropped my phone and before I was taken away I could hear Taehyung yelling through the phone.

"Y/n?! What happened? Y/n! Hello? Answer me!"