Chapter 13 The Reactor Core

"Why is this hallway so long?" Matt whispered to Niko as they walked inside the large building.

"Matt...." They both heard Jack talking to them on the speaker built into the visor. "Be careful" He said. "I'm getting a reading that a few Werewolves are around that corner coming up"

Niko look ahead, and saw the corner. He took Matt's hand, and stood up at the wall. Niko leaned over, and peeked around the corner. He saw two Werewolves talking. They didn't see him. They where to busy talking to each other.

"I heard they are going to ship out that large freight today to that other planet" One of them said. "About time" The other said. "That crate have been taking up so much space.

"Crate? What crate?" Niko said to himself. "Dad-" He wisperd. "What should we do?"

"Matt there is a hidden button on your suit" Jack said. Niko looked over at Matt. "Where is it dad?" He asked, searching up and down Matt's suit. "Should be on the left arm."

Matt looked down at his arm, and then saw a button that was in the same color of the suit. He pressed it, and ball came out of suit's glove. Niko caught it before it hit the floor. "What is it?"

"Throw it at the Werewolves. And when Niko does that, Matt I need you to press the button again."

Niko nodded, and leaned against the wall again. "Here goes nothing." He peeked around the corner, and threw the metal ball. It slammed and rolled right to one of the Werewolves.

"Hm? What's that?" He asked the other Werewolve and picked it up. "Is that one of those magnetic balls?" The other asked.

"Matt now!" Jack said. Matt quickly pressed the button.

The ball opened up. "What?" The Werewolve said. The ball started to spark, and then it exploded sending bolts of electricity into the Werewolves, knocking them both out.

"Yes!" Niko said. "Is that all of them?" Matt asked. "I'm not sure. Just don't keep your guard down alright." Jack said. Matt nodded. "He's right. Their might be a lot at the Reactor Core."

They both continued to walk down, passing by doors that just lead to storage rooms. "How many storage these guys need?" Matt asked. "Beats me" Niko said. "Do you think they are using those parts for something?" Matt asked.

"I don't know. It's hard to tell" Jack said. "I've never even seen them use those before."

Matt thought they where probably storing parts that where for thier ships. Or probably for the Reactor Core.

"You don't think it's spare parts for the Reactor Core?" He asked. "I Don't know" Jack replied on the headset in the visor. "Hopefully not"

They continued to walk down the hallway, until they came across another door. And it was shut tight. "Blast-" Niko said. "Hey Dad, I think we need your hacking skills again"

But their was no reply back. Only "Connection Lost"

The robotic voice sounded on both Matt's and Niko's visor. "What happened?" Matt asked. "We lost connection of him..." Niko said, looking at the door. "When will he come back on?" Matt asked. "I don't know. I just hope it won't be too long."

"Are you sure they came down here?" They both heard a voice say.

Both Niko and Matt stared at each other. Niko quickly pressed a button on his suit, and the metal ears on the visor that coverd his real ears, flattened down, as of he didn't have Neko ears. He pressed the same button on Matt's suit, and the ears did the same. It went much smoother because Matt didn't have ears like the Nekos.