Chapter 17 Heading Back

Matt was on his way back to Nekouler in Niko's ship. While he was flying he was just thinking of what Julius had told him.

"Will this stone thing really work?" He asked himself. He looked over at the passenger seat. He had put the scroll of Nekoto on it. "Don't worry Niko, I'll bring you back."

Jack had put the coordinates of the Secret Base on Matt's ship, so Matt would know where to land on Nekouler.

"At least the Neko's don't have to worry about the Werewolves anymore.... or st least the Master." Matt was a little worried that the Wolfs would build another device what would trun them back into Werewolves, or worse.

Matt could see the giant lush green planet coming up in the distance. He slowly turned over to where he saw the little icon on the windshield. He flew into that part of the atmosphere.

As he entered, he saw the Desert. "That must be the base."

***

"Hey Jack I'm here"

Matt said as he excited the ship, walking into the cave.

Jack was over at his computer. "Matt you made it! I'll take you home soon. I'll let you have a bite to eat at my place first" He said. Matt nodded. "Come on, I'll take you to my HoverTron."

After about a 10 minute ride trough the Desert, and then the forest, they finally reached Jack's place.

"Ok we're here" Jack said once they stopped in front of the house. He opened the door, got out. Matt opened his and exited the HoverTron.

They both walked up to the front door, and Jack got out his key, and unlocked the door, and let Matt go in first.

When Matt walked in, the house felt different. It just didn't feel the same without Niko.

"Would you like your Karkami fried or baked?" Jack asked. Matt was still dazeing off in the distance. "Hm? O-oh.. yeah.. um.. fried please" Matt said. Jack nodded and walked into the kitchen. "You can sit at the table if you'd like" Jack said as he got a plate, and a knife and fork. He then put them all on the table.

Matt nodded and pulled a seat, and sat down.

The smell of the Karkami filled the house. It smelled so good to Matt. He honestly loved the smell better than salmon.

After Jack was done frying the fish, he took it out the pan, and walked over to Matt and put it on his plate. "There you are, hope you enjoy" Jack said with a small warm smile. Matt smiled back, and took up his fork and tried a bite of the Karkami.

The first bite was like an explosion of flavor. He had never tasted a fish like that before. "Wow... this is really good!" Matt said. Jack smiled. "Why, thank you Matt" Jack said. "I'm glad you are enjoying it"

Matt took more bites, he looked over at the empty seat next to him. "I... wish Niko was here so I could of told him how good I think Karkami is-"

Jack walked over to Matt and put it hands on his shoulder. "I know Matt... I know.. Niko...he would of been really proud of you."

"For liking Karkami?" Matt asked confused. Jack chuckled a little. "No.. well maybe.. heh.. with Niko you never know. But I mean, he would of been proud of you for what you did to put an end to our enemies"

"But... I still didn't end them... the Wolfs are still out there" Matt reminded him. "But you got rid of the one thing that was powering them to make them impossible to defeat. Now with the Reactor Core damaged, the Neko Army has a higher chance to kill the last remaining Wolfs."

Matt knew that was true. He just didn't like how he had to lose one of the things that Mattered to him, to be able to defeat a horde of rogue beings.

***