Chapter 6: A Sweet Secret of My Excess

Today was a very special day for somepony today, and that pony is Twilight Sparkle as it was her birthday party today. Rarity apparently had to send a message to the rest of her friends saying that even though she was getting fabric for Twilight's outfit to wear, she apparently said to them that she had to stay in Canterlot due to her cat Opal being extremely ill. (Y/N) thought over that letter for a little bit as it kind of sounded like an excuse, but he decided to just wing with it like the rest of the mares. Twilight asked Pinkie Pie if she could instead move Twilight's party over to Canterlot and Pinkie with no surprise agreed to it.  Right now, (Y/N) was currently in his house packing one thing before heading out with the rest of the mares to go to Canterlot and it was a book that he got as a gift for Twilight.

(Y/N): Twilight will surely love this. She may like a lot of books, but I have a sixth sense that she'll flip out once she sees this one.

(Y/N) puts the book in his saddlebags before he walks out of his house and on his way to the train station to meet his friends. As he was walking, a thought came to his mind about Rarity.

(Y/N): That letter she sent yesterday about Opal being ill was kind of fishy. Couldn't she have just called Fluttershy over there as well to heal her? Eh, doesn't matter. It's Rarity, she's overreacts with everything.

Eventually, (Y/N) reaches the train station where the rest of the mares were standing and waiting on him.

(Y/N): Sorry, if I kept you girls waiting.

Twilight Sparkle: You don't need to apologize at all, (Y/N). We're still only 5 minutes early before the train arrives for Canterlot.

Pinkie Pie: I can't wait for when we arrive for your party at Canterlot, Twilight. I packed so many balloons for the trip!

Pinkie says this as she holds out a really small briefcase which made (Y/N) raise an eyebrow.

(Y/N): How did you make so many balloons fit in that without them popping?

Pinkie Pie: You'd be surprised by what I can do, (Y/N).

(Y/N): And now I somehow feel stupid for asking that question.

Rainbow Dash: Speaking of which, what's with the saddlebags?

Twilight Sparkle: Yeah. It's only a trip there and back. And Pinkie's the one who got all of the party essentials.

Applejack: Is there somethin' else for the party you're carrying in there?

(Y/N): Uh. . . well. . .

The mares all raise eyebrows at (Y/N) while he just gives a sheepish smile and blushes a little before he came up with an excuse.

(Y/N): It's. . . some extra game stuff I thought we could play while we're at the party. I mean there are some that I just love to play with you girls. Don't you agree, Twilight?

Twilight just shrugs her shoulders at that.

Twilight Sparkle: I guess so. If it's to make the party more fun then I'm all for it.

(Y/N): Phew. Great!

Suddenly, a train whistle was heard and everypony turned to see that the train arrived for everypony to travel to Canterlot.

Twilight Sparkle: Looks like that's our ticket to Canterlot. Come on everypony.

The others nod as they all boarded the train to head to Canterlot to go and see Rarity before starting Twilight's birthday party.