Chapter 11: Read It and Weep

On a peaceful day somewhere out in Ponyville, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and (Y/N) were standing side by side looking up at the sky. Something is heard whizzing around above them and the three turn their heads to track its movements as Twilight  walks up to them.

Twilight Sparkle: Hey, Rarity. Hey, Pinkie Pie. Hey, (Y/N). What are you looking at?

Pinkie Pie: Rainbow Dash!

Twilight then looks up along with the two to see Rainbow Dash flying up in the air at high speeds doing aerial tricks.

Pinkie Pie: Isn't she the most daring devil? I mean, the most devilish darer? I mean-

Rarity: She's dazzling!

Pinkie Pie: Ooh, yeah, that's a good word. She's dazzling!

(Y/N): Actually, if I had to come up with a new word for how she is in the air, I'd call her Rainbow-tastic.

Pinkie Pie: Oooh. Rainbow-tastic, I like it.

The four kept following her maneuvers around in the air with astonishment in their eyes. Pinkie follows up by describing a large vertical circle with her head while turning it 360 degrees on her neck. An equally impossible 180-degree turn allows her to see the next trick as they all gasped in awe at the amount of skill that Rainbow Dash had. Pinkie's contortions finally catch up with her and untwist the bright pink body to leave her disoriented for a moment.

However, admiration quickly gives way to terror on the part of the four as they could clearly tell she was messing up her performance.

Twilight Sparkle: Oh no, oh no, oh no!

(Y/N): Please don't crash! Please don't crash! Please don't crash!

Pinkie Pie: Ai yi yi yi yi!

Their gazes drop back to ground level in time with the sounds of a hurtling descent and a very hard landing which made them all cringe in worry.

(Y/N): Well, that's gotta hurt.

Pinkie Pie: So much for dazzling. . . or Rainbow-tastic.

With Rainbow Dash injured, the four took her in to the Ponyville hospital and let the rest of their friends know about the situation. Right now, the Mane 6 are all in front of Rainbow Dash's hospital bed as they had worried looks on their faces.

Applejack: Is she gonna be okay?

Fluttershy: Oh, I'm so worried!

Pinkie Pie: Is her face gonna stay that way?

(Y/N): Uh, no! Look! She's waking up!

Rainbow Dash wakes up woozily from her sleep to see her friends in front of her. She was wearing a green johnny, a bandage is stuck over one of her eyes, and wrappings are visible around the base of one wing so that it is forced to remain splayed out. Finally realizing the extent of her injuries, Rainbow tries to work the injured wing around a bit, but quickly gives up with a loud moan.

A unicorn stallion named Doctor Horse from the end of the bed was examining an X-ray of her broken wing as both Twilight and (Y/N) turn to him.

Twilight Sparkle: How is she, doctor?

Doctor Horse: She's going to be fine.

(Y/N): There's nothing else at all that we need to be concerned about?

Doctor Horse: Nope. Nothing, but a broken wing. Luckily, she has friends like you who got her over here in a jiffy.

(Y/N): Me too. I don't what we could have done if she left alone like that.