Chapter 16: MMMystery on the Friendship Express

Today in Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie is seen with both of the Cakes as they were in front of a large cake that had pale yellow icing, with bright pink trim around the bottom edges, an apple and orange rest on top, and the rest of the four layers also had red flowers. This cake was meant to be for the National Dessert Competition in Canterlot and Pinkie Pie was in charge of taking it there.

Pinkie Pie: Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness. You've really outdone yourselves, Mr. and Mrs. Cake. This is sure to be the winning entry of this year's national dessert competition!

Mrs. Cake: Oh, thank you, Pinkie!

Mr. Cake: And thanks for transporting it all the way to Canterlot for us.

Pinkie Pie: Absolutely! It's my honor and I-

Applejack then interrupts her very hastily.

Applejack: Uh, beg pardon, but could we maybe move things along? This here cake's a mite heavy. Right, Big McIntosh?

It is revealed that Big Mac has the thing balanced on his back and is struggling not to hit the floor.

Big Mac: Eeyup. . .!

Pinkie Pie: Alrighty then, Big Mac!

Pinkie then puts on a hard hat with a top-mounted red light, which begins to flash.

Pinkie Pie: To the train depot!

She then backs out of the bakery, turning herself into the pony equivalent of a pilot car escorting a big rig with an oversize load, and Big Mac eases after her. Barricades have been set up to keep the crowd back from the side door, where she is leading him out. The Cakes then follow behind both of them to keep watch of their large dessert.

Pinkie Pie: That's it, Big Mac, nice and slow. This is precious cargo you're carrying.

The layers on the cake start to wobble a bit, worrying both Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

Mr. Cake: Yes, it took months of planning and testing.

Mrs. Cake: I would hate for it to-

Big Mac groans as his legs buckle, threatening to bring the dessert down around his ears. He muscles it back up to the level.

Mr. and Mrs. Cake: Fall!

Mr. Cake then faints dramatically at the huge pastry almost being destroyed.

Pinkie Pie: Don't worry, Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

She then spots Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash flying in and get's their attention.

Pinkie Pie: Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, a little pegassistance?

The original four, plus the two hovering pegasi who have now attached ropes to the cake platter's handles to help steady it are leading the cake to the depot. A teeter toward Fluttershy's side is met by a countering yank from Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie Pie: I'll get it there safely, you'll see!

This fails to reassure the couple as Mr. Cake starts to sweat and Mrs. Cake forces a laugh.

Mrs. Cake: Ahahah, oh. . . of course, Pinkie.

Mr. Cake: We never doubted you.

However, the next weight shift starts the high-rise confection toppling toward Rainbow and she zips over to Fluttershy's side so they can both haul in the ropes. Balance is restored, but Mrs. Cake's eyes look to pop out of their sockets and Mr. Cake keels over again dramatically.