Chapter 15: Ponyville Confidential

It was a nice day out in Ponyville today as many ponies were out today. . . but it wasn't a normal day as if seeing ponies walk around town everyday. Apparently, a newspapers have been trending all over Ponyville with the enigmatic title, Gabby Gums and a lot of ponies have been interested ever since it got out to the entire town.

We now see the all knowing Hero of Ponyville as he was on his way to go to the spa and relax with his friends and he sees everypony around reading newspapers which confuses him.

(Y/N): What's with all of the newspapers? I haven't seen anything like this be popular in Ponyville before.

Mayor Mare then walks out of the town hall to approach (Y/N).

Mayor Mare: (Y/N), have you just said that you do not know what's been so popular around Ponyville right now?

(Y/N) turns to the mayor and nods at that.

Mayor Mare then pulls out a rolled up newspaper that she had and tosses it to (Y/N) which he catches.

Mayor Mare: There has been funny columns trending all over Ponyville and get this. . . Gabby Gums who is the pony who has been publishing these stories is from the Foal Free Press.

This intrigues (Y/N) as he opens the newspaper up to read what Mayor Mare is talking about.

Mayor Mare: They've have doing a wonderful job with keeping everypony entertained with all of the gossip going around, that they just had to be expanded to the Ponyville News Stand. I gave them authorization of allowing the foals to publish their stories out to all of Ponyville.

As Mayor Mare was speaking, (Y/N) continues to read the newspaper and as he reads it, he was slowly getting an uneasy look from reading it.

Mayor Mare: To me, this should keep many more ponies occupied for the day and not have them be so dull. Don't you agree, (Y/N)?

When (Y/N) finishes reading the newspaper, he cringes at it as if he knows that there is something wrong with all of the stories in it. He then looks up at the mayor confused.

(Y/N): And. . . you're okay with this?

Mayor Mare: Of course.

(Y/N): You're okay with titles like, "Epic Rainfail" or "Cranky Doodle's Toupee Collection?"

Mayor Mare: *laughs* I know. It's wonderful stories isn't it?

(Y/N): Uh. . . well. . . while some of these are indeed true, you do know that it's talking about the ponies' private lives right?

Mayor Mare: All the more why it's interesting and great gossip. I mean look at those well-abiding citizens over there.

Mayor Mare points to a direction which (Y/N) turns to and he sees the two besties Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon laughing together at the newpaper that they were reading. He raises an eyebrow at this and looks at the newspaper that he's holding before handing it back to Mayor Mare.

(Y/N): Gabby Gums? Not interested.

Mayor Mare: Really? It's very entertaining.

(Y/N): Maybe for you, but I don't really like that kind of gossip too much. It's a little bit too personal for my liking.

Mayor Mare: Well, if you say so. Where are you heading off to now, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Going to go and relax with my friends at the spa. They're expecting me there any minute now actually.

Mayor Mare: Okay then. If you don't like Gabby Gums then I won't judge you for it, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Thank you and please. . . be careful of what you read in those newspapers. They all might not be for everypony.