Chapter 8: Baby Cakes

It is a pleasant daytime today as both Mr. and Mrs. Cake have had a baby. The Mane 7 asked if they could come to see the foals and they both said yes. In a hospital, the Mane 7 were letting out excited chatter as they were peeking through a long window of the maternity ward where the babies were held.

Applejack: Can you believe the new baby is finally here?

Twilight Sparkle: Cup Cake and Carrot Cake must be so proud!

Rarity: I wonder if it's a filly or a colt?

Pinkie Pie: I wanna see the new baby pony! I wanna see! Which one is it?!

(Y/N): Whoa, calm down Pinkie. Look.

(Y/N) points to where Mr. Cake is as he standing over one of the bassinets. He must have been up all night as his bow tie was loose, his mane was unkempt, and he had a faceful of beard stubble.

Mr. Cake: Meet our son, Pound Cake.

Mr. Cake moves the blanket to expose a tiny little newborn foal sleeping as he had light goldish gray coat and brown mane. The newborn colt let's out a cute yawn as he also reveals that he has wings marking him as a Pegasus.

Mane 7: Awww. . .

Mr. Cake: . . .and our daughter, Pumpkin Cake.

Mr. Cake then turns around to the other bassinet and pulls down the blanket to reveal a newborn filly as she had a light yellow coat, a light brilliant orange mane, and she had a horn on her head to reveal that she's a unicorn. She also let out a cute yawn before sucking on her front hoof.

Mane 7: Huh?

Pinkie Pie: Two new foals for me to play with? *gasps* That's two, two, two times the fun! This is the greatest day ever!

Pinkie then quickly darts out of view and instantly appears inside of the maternity ward wearing a party hat and she also as a party kazoo clamped in her teeth. The Mane 6 outside of the ward were confused by Pinkie's antics.

Pinkie Pie: We need to celebrate your birthday, babies, 'cause you were just born today! Woo-hoo!

Pinkie was about to blow into the kazoo until a mare named Nurse Redheart came in and stopped Pinkie from doing so.

Nurse Redheart: Shhh. The babies are trying to sleep.

Pinkie Pie: But I was just-

Nurse Redheart: Shhh!

Pinkie Pie: But-

Nurse Redheart: Shhh!

Pinkie glances in the departing nurse's direction, then slips between the two newborns and starts to sing quietly.

Pinkie Pie: ♪ Happy happy birthday to you and you today- ♪

Pinkie then disappears in a flash and appears back to where the rest of the Mane 7 are thanks to (Y/N)'s magic.

(Y/N): Pinkie, what part of "The babies are trying to sleep" do you not understand?

Pinkie Pie: Aw, come on. I just wanted to sing them a little happy birthday.

(Y/N): You can do that after their out of the ward, Pinkie. Plus there's more foals in there than them, so you might cause a tiny problem.

Twilight Sparkle: Tiny is a bit of an understatement.

Applejack: Something's got me thinking though. How in thunderation is one of them twins a Pegasus and the other one a unicorn?

(Y/N): Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Aren't you both Earth ponies?