Chapter 5: A Long Road Trip

A/N: Just before you start reading. I recommend you listen to 'Sunflower' while reading this chapter. I know it's a weird request but you'll see why I asked. Anyway. Let's get on with it shall we?

Charlie's P.O.V

"Ugh..."

I rub the back of my head and look around to see that I'm not in the castle anymore. I stand up and look out a window that is next to me and see an amazing view.

"Wow...you don't see a view like that back home." I say, smiling.

I can see that it's night since there are stars out and hills in the distance and little mushroom house which are really cute.

"Hold on... we're in the air?" I ask slightly confused.

I walk out the room and see a lot of crates and boxes.

"Yep. This is an airship" deadpan.

I walk through the door and see that there are a lot of Mario enemies. One turns and walks up to me.

"Hi there are you Charlie?" The Goomba asks me.

"Yes I am. Did Bowser tell you that?" I ask him.

"Yes he did. He came in holding you with the Mario brothers by his side and some girl. He told us that they were having a truce to try and stop some other people and said you had just collapsed. Are you feeling better now?"

I nod my head.

"Yeah I'm feeling better. Can you tell me where everyone is?" I ask.

"Yes. Just follow me."

He leads me to another room where Mario, Luigi, Cecilia and Bowser are all sitting in the centre, talking.

"Boss! The girl just woke up." The Goomba shouts as he leaves.

Cecilia turns around first and springs to her feet, runs to me and hugs me.

"Oh thank god you're alright!" She says squeezing me tightly.

I return the hug and see the rest of them come up to us.

"Kid, you feeling alright?" Bowser asks me.

"Please don't worry about me I'm fine." I say smiling.

I hate it when other people worry about me. It just makes me feel guilty knowing that I'm the reason that they're feeling that way.

"Charlie. Do you remember fainting?" Mario asks.

"Yeah...I don't really know what happened there." I reply.

"I think it was your body adjusting to your new powers since you were fighting so hard with them. Since you used them like that for the first time, your body probably got a bit over loaded." Cecilia explains.

"Thank god for that. I don't want to be in a fight and then faint in the middle of it." I say trying to lighten the mood.

Everyone laughs a little and I smile.

"Hey. We were all wondering if we could get to know you better, since we don't know you very well and it will be a while before we arrive at the bean bean kingdom. You could get to know us as well of course." Luigi suggests.

I smile.

"Sure. That sounds nice." I agree.

We all walk back to the centre of the room and sit in a circle.

"Ok. Let me start by asking this. Where are you from, Charlie? And what's your last name?" Cecilia asks.

I can't help but laugh at this.