Chapter 17: The End of the First Journey

As Bowser flies his ship over to the Bean Bean kingdom. I stay with Fawful to make sure that he doesn’t try to escape.

"You really think you and your idiot friends have won?" He asks me.

I look at Fawful and growl. "Yeah, I do. She's dead. Cackletta is never-"

"I am not talking about the all mighty Cackletta. I am talking about someone even greater then she."

I stare at Fawful. "What the hell are you talking about?" I ask.

Fawful laughs a little. "You have no idea do you? You stupid think rat! You will never win! And I shall not spoil the surprise for you, for you will soon learn what you're power is! When it comes! Everyone will fall!"

I stand up and shake my head. "No...that's no true. Whatever your talking about, it won't happen. I won't fall. My friends won't fall. I won't let it happen!" I shout, determined.

Fawful laughs to himself and I Strom out of the room, finished with him.  I can't be bothered with all that bullshit. He's really making me regret saving him. I look out to the kingdom and see that all of the residents are back and I can see Cecilia and everyone else waiting.

I smile as I look down at the whole kingdom. Even if it is in rubles I can see that the people are happy knowing that Cackletta is gone for good. I smile to myself but her the sound of soft laughter from behind me.

"So you conquered the first pathetic threat. Impressive."

I perk up and turn around and see a clocked person from behind me. I gasp a little and step backwards. "Your...your..."

The person laughs a little. "Yeah. I'm that person from your dreams. Although, I'm a lot closer to you then you might think."

They walk beside me and I take a step to the side, fearful. I go to summon my sword but the person rasies there hand a little and a dark chain wraps around my wrist, stopping me.

"All of those people look so happy down there...it's a shame. They have no idea what's about to come...the pain...the misery...the death..." There voice is monotone, no emotion behind it at all.

It try to free my hand but I can't move it at all. "...What are you talking about?" Unlike last time, I'm slightly fearful.

The person turns to me. "The same thing as Fawful. But just like him, I won't spoil what's going to come...Let's just say I'm someone you know. Someone...close to you..."

I finally free my wrist and walk backwards slowly.

"I'll always be here, Charlie. As much as you hate. As much as you fear me. I'll be here. Always."

I shake my head quickly and the figure vanishes. I pant a little and look down at my amulet. I hold it in my hand and sigh softly. I look behind me and see Bowser walking towards me. I look at him, slightly concerned.

“Who’s driving the ship?” I ask quickly.

“It’s on autopilot.” He replies.

Who knew a castle had autopilot? I breath a sigh of relief and look out the window again. Bowser looks at me and I smile.

“I never thought I would say this, but I think you're alright Charlie. Even if you are friends with the Mario brothers.” He says our of nowhere.

I look at him stunned. “Really? But you don’t even know me that well.” I reply, surprised.

“Sure but you did manage to help me get my memory back. Plus you took out Cackletta all by yourself. Sure you're not as strong as me but who is?”