Chapter 13: A Break

We all follow the two toads through the town and honestly. It’s really cute. There aren’t not too many houses and they're all mushroom shaped with different coloured heads. There is an arcade (which I am definitely going to) and a small hotel . How do I know there’s a hotel since all the houses look the same apparent from different spots? There’s a massive sigh saying hotel. That's how. I look around and see a few residents out, and staring at all of us.

“Isn’t that the Mario bros?” I hear a group whisper.

“That's the princess!?! Why is she in our small town?” I some kids ask each other.

I try not to listen in but it’s kind of hard since their voices are naturally high pitched. Peach opens the doors to the hotel. It’s nothing fancy but it's still nice. I look around and smile to myself.

“You can all stay here as long as you like.” A toad tells us.

They both leave and I look back at everyone else. “I think I’m gonna head to one of the rooms for a while. I’ll catch up with you guys later.”

I wave goodbye to everyone and grab a key to a random room.

“Room 34.” I read to myself.

I walk around to find the room and open the door. The room's got a T.V and bed and another room...which I’m gonna assume is a bathroom. I sit on the bed and lie down and look up at the ceiling.

“Never thought I’d see the day I would be saving the world...well two worlds I guess” I mumble to myself, smiling.

I flick my wrist and a phone comes into my hand. Relax I’m not phoning my parents instead I’m phoning Mary. Remember her? She was the friend who loves marvel and is as big a nerd as I am. I dial her number and put it to my ear and the second I do I hear a really loud. “WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!?!”

I pull the phone away.  “Oh boy…”

I put it back to my ear. “Hi Mary.” I say sheepish.

“Not just Mary.” Someone else says in the background.

I recognise the voice instantly.

“Mary...who else is there?” I ask her.

“Call me back and do face time instead.” She says quickly.

She hangs up and then I call her back on facetime. She answers and I see Celeste, Bryony and Eilidh! Bryony and Celeste both have brown hair. Bryony's is down to her hips while Celeste usually has her's in a messy ponytail. Eilidh has blonde curlyish hair tied up too, but sometimes it's down. Mary's hair changes all the time but right now it's medium length and is red. Mary has grayish blue eyes, Bryony and Eilidh have light blue eyes and Celeste has chocolate brown eyes.

“What are you all doing?” I ask, stunned.

“Nope. We’re asking the questions here. When you ditch us and go to god knows where without saying anything, I think we need some answers.” Bryony perks up.

In case you're wondering, which you probably are. There my friends from school too. If I were to label all of us; Bryony is the alcoholic mother, me and Eilidh are the little kids, Celeste is the moody teenager and Mary is  the crazy alcoholic aunt. Their words, not mine.

“Yeah, Where are you Charlie?” Celeste asks.

I sigh and start to tell them what has been going on trying to make it as short as I can. But try not to leave anything out. Everyone listens intently and stare at me, shocked.

“And right now I’m in Little Fungitown.” I finish.

They all stare stunned. Eilidh squeals a little and Celeste pumps her fists in the air.