Chapter 14: One Shot

“How could that awful Cackletta do that?” Queen Bean asks sadly.

I’ve just made it back to the castle after helping everyone in little Fungitown. Me and Peasley have just told Lady Lima and Queen bean what happened. I stare out a window, both angry and upset. I can't believe I let this happen. There my friends and now their captured and could be getting tortured right now! God knows what Cackletta...No. Bowletta and the sisters have in store for them.

My wounds have basically fully healed and I can walk fine now. My metal state on the other hand, not doing very well.

"We have to go help them." Peasley demands.

I shake my head. "We can't." I counter with rage.

I turn around and look at everyone. "We have no clue where they are, we have no one else to help us and there's a good chance of us getting killed! It's six against two!"

Lady Lima comes up to me. "Please Charlie, just calm-"

I cut her off and my body shakes.

"Calm down? How am I supposed to calm down!?! My friends are in trouble and it's all my fault. If I didn't give Mario and Luigi that stupid Mushroom, none of this would have happened. It should have been me! It was meant for me. Not them!"

I start to breath fast and my heart beats faster. My hands glow faintly...but not with light.

“Charlie. Breathe.” Peasley tells me calmingly.

Unable to keep my rage in I scream. “DON’T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!”

I can feel my whole body shake with rage energy pulses out of me. I clutch my head trying not to cry.

“Charlie. I understand that you're angry but you must not get yourself in a state. You're going to hurt yourself.” Lady Lima warns.

I look at them all and can see the fear in their eyes...but I don’t think it’s because of the situation. I stare for a few seconds, breathing heavily before I shake my head.

"...I need some time alone right now." I grumble with both anger and sadness.

I walk away, not looking back. I walk down the halls, not being able to think straight at all. I rub my hands together and sigh gently.

"What am I supposed to do?" I ask myself, frustrated.

I open the door to the garden. The first time I came here it helped me calm down...well, Peach helped me calm down. I start to pace back and forth. I hold my head trying to get myself to breathe properly.

"Breath Charlie…" I tell myself.

But this doesn't help. If anything this only makes my breathing worse. The grass beneath my feet darkens and starts to dust. I look down at the ground and gasp a little.

"Wh...what the-"

I shake my head and snap our of my thoughts and fall down to the ground. This...this is all my fault...Tears stream down my face and I cover my mouth.

"Smash something dear." I hear a voice say from behind me.

I turn around and see Queen Bean standing there. I slowly raise to my feet and turn back around. I see a large pot and pick it up.

"This ok?" I ask her.

She nods her head. With as much force as I can. I throw the pot against the ground. It smashes into pieces and stare at it.

“Feel any better?” Queen Bean asks.

I look at her and snicker fakly. “Not much.” I answer with my arms crossed.