Part 25 - The End...

*NATHAN'S POV* 

As Tom walked up the street, I recognised the girl he was talking to. She looked familiar, like I'd seen her before. But I just couldn't remember where I'd seen her. It was like she'd changed in some way since I'd last seen her. I'd know who it was as soon as I was told, but that would annoy me. Like, a lot. 

"Alright mate, who's your friend?" Max joked, obviously not knowing who she was. 

"You know who she is..." Tom replied.  

"Do I?" Max asked in shock. It was like someone had smacked him in the face with a fish. His expression was priceless. If I had a camera, I'd have taken a picture of him there and then. 

"Yeah you do Max!" she smiled at him, stepping closer to him. The last of the sun light reflecting off her eyes. It was than that I realised just who she was, but I had no idea what she was doing here. 

"Steph? Is that you?" I asked before Max had a chance to even answer. 

"Hello Nathan..." she smiled at me from where she was stood. Her smile was still as amazing as I remember it being. Her perfect smile which could light up even the darkest parts of your heart. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked her without taking my eyes off her. I didn't blink for fear that I was only dreaming. I had waited so long for this moment and now it was here. I didn't actually know what to do. So I just stood there, taking in every inch of her perfection. Her face. Her body. Her hair. It was all just absolutely perfect and I wish I'd never thrown it all away with her. 

"I was trying to talk some sense into Jay when I bumped into Tom, which meant he would take me to you. So, here I am..." 

"You know where Jay is?" Max asked as he interrupted the moment. 

"Yeah, and so do I..." Tom replied. 

"So, why are we still stood here if you know where he is?" Siva practically shouted at Tom, which made me laugh slightly since Siva never really shouts. Or argues with people. In fact, Siva didn't really do a lot wrong. 

"What about Nath?" Max asked, looking from me to Tom and back to me again. Like he was expecting me to answer him. Sure I was annoyed, but Steph was here which meant that I had to talk to her. I had to explain what happened that night. I need her to know that I never stopped loving her. Not once. 

"I think Steph and Nath have got some talking to do..." Tom answered as he gestured for Max and Siva to follow him in the direction of Jay. They did as they were instructed and it wasn't long before they'd disappeared around the same corner which Tom and Steph had appeared around just five minutes ago. Leaving just me and Steph stood in the street. The look on her face said this was the last place which she wanted to be, but her body language told me that she had something important to tell me. She just didn't really know what to do. 

"So, where you did go that night?" I asked wanting to break the awkward silence which was now creeping over us. 

"I just stayed with a friend..." she replied, not even looking at me. 

"Why didn't you give me a chance to explain before you took off?" 

"There was nothing to explain, I saw you basically getting in to some girls' pants...what's there to explain?" 

"It wasn't like that..." 

"So what was it like then?" 

"She forced herself on me when she saw you standing there. I'd had a few one-night stands with her and she was jealous of how happy I was...she wanted to make you hate me. Guess it worked..." I replied, turning to walk away from her. I had only taken a few steps forward when she stopped me again.