15 - Lost Childhoods

"Malfoy? Draco Malfoy?"

Ginny stared at me aghast as I nodded, before she then turned to her husband to hit his arm. "How could you let this happen, Harry?! He's well known for his drunken behaviour; going home with a different woman every night! He'll make Ivy's life a misery, and when she's just starting out, too!"

"It was Bertie Monet's decision," Harry shrugged as he accepted a bottle of beer from Arthur. "I was just doing my job."

"I- I don't mind." I said meekly. "He's made the Unbreakable Vow; I doubt he'll cause me any trouble."

We were all gathered in the Burrow after Percy had mysteriously called a Weasley family dinner, which he refused to tell me was about. Molly kindly offered to host it, what with mine and Percy's London flat being much too small to hold the entire red headed family and their added extras.

"And just what kind of modelling is he doing, exactly?" Ginny went on, running a hand over her swollen belly. "No offence, but I can't see Draco Malfoy of all people posing patiently whilst a class of people gawp at him in his birthday suit!"

"What?!" Percy spluttered, almost choking on his own beer. "Who's getting naked here? This wasn't in the agreement!"

"No one!" I cried exasperatedly. "He will simply be there whilst I teach the art of drawing portraits. You'll find that most classes have fully clothed life models for this type of thing."

"Well," said Harry giving a small belch. "If he gives you any trouble, just let me know. I'll soon sort him out. No one messes with my sister in law and gets away with it!"

"Technically we're not-"

"Almost, darling. Almost." Percy cut me off. "Which brings me to my little announcement." He coughed importantly, as he looked around at the gathered; Molly and Arthur, along with Harry and eight month pregnant Ginny; newly weds Ron and Hermione; Bill, Fleur and a boisterous Teddy, who was running around, impersonating an aeroplane; Charlie, who was covered in a fresh wave of dragon burns; and then there was poor, sad George, looking hellishly lost without his twin.

"Well come on, son," Arthur encouraged, "let's hear it then."

"What's everyone doing on December the twenty fifth of this very year?" Percy asked, looking at each one of us dramatically.

"Hopefully getting a visit from the big guy in the red suit," Ron said. "Why's that Perce?"

"I'll tell you what you are all doing," Percy beamed, snaking an arm around my waist and pulling me possessively into his side. "You will be watching me making this beautiful woman my wife."

I looked up at Percy in horror - not quite believing what I was hearing. "Christmas? But I-"

"Oh, that sounds simply wonderful!" Molly gushed, placing a hand to her chest.

"Well I'm glad you think so, mother," Percy said squeezing his arm a fraction tighter around me, "because I've already booked it in with the registry office. Six months from today we'll have another Weasley added to the clan."

"What?!" I gasped, feeling utterly horrified. I couldn't breathe. I found I had to put my glass down. "But I won't have time to plan a wedding! Not with my art class-"

"Nonsense!" Percy said, once again cutting me off. "What with Malfoy being your assistant you can offload the work onto him. You'll have plenty of time to organise flowers and wedding favours and all that other stuff that brides like to do."

"He's the model, not the dogsbody!" I said exasperatedly, feeling a wave of panic by what was going on. "And what about my parents? Shouldn't we check with-"