26 - Little Piece of Paper

I had a whole class of disgruntled women who looked on disdainfully at my sister.

"I thought this was a Draco Malfoy art class?" Tabitha said wrinkling her nose in disgust as Pansy dramatically flicked her hair back from where she was sat in the 'model's' chair. "Who is this woman?"

"I'm Lady Clearwater!" Pansy hollered. "And I'll have you know, you bottle-blonde bitch, that I'm married to the richest man on this side of the river!"

Lady?!

"And I'll have you know that I'm all natural!" Tabitha spat back. "Shame I can't say the same about your ti-"

"Technically, it's just an art class," I said, desperately trying to placate the situation. "The Draco Malfoy part is for one term only."

"What happened to that tall, dark handsome dude then?" Celia spoke up from across the room. "I'd rather draw him than this eye sore."

"I'M HER SISTER," Pansy roared, jumping menacingly to her feet. "YOU BUCKED TOOTHED WHOR-"

Thankfully, at that moment, the door burst open and there stood a breathless Draco Malfoy.

"S-Sorry," he panted heavily, clutching his side as he leant on the doorframe for support. "I- I forgot the t-time."

I was so relieved to see him that I almost forgot about what he had witnessed in my mind.

"Finally," Pansy muttered, haughtily flinging her scarf around her neck. "I was getting sick of posing for these desperate Neanderthals."

Draco looked rather taken aback by the sight of my sister at the front of the class, but said nothing, instead his eyes flickered over to me and I found myself quickly looking away.

Everyone was silent, looking at me expectantly for instruction.

"When you're ready, Draco," I murmured, pointing to the chair and not being able to meet his eye. "Everyone, start a fresh piece of parchment, please."

I could feel his eyes on me, almost willing me to look at him. But I couldn't; I wanted to, but I felt so mortified, that I was afraid I would crumple down in tears in front of the entire class if I allowed myself to look into those pitying silver grey eyes.

Pansy remained, watching Draco almost hungrily from the sidelines. I wished she would leave, I loved her, but her timing was the worst.

As soon as the class came to an end, Draco shot up from the chair and I sensed him start to walk towards me but he was intercepted by Pansy.

"Oh darling! It's so good to see you again!" she cried, throwing her arms around him and enthusiastically kissed his cheek. "And you're such a prince for what you're doing for our Ivy!"

"It's the least I owe her," he said stiffly, forcibly removing her arms from around his neck and trying to step around her.

"I was thinking we must go out for a drink," she continued, oblivious to his discomfort. "You must be so thirsty after sitting there for all that time."

"There's another class," Draco said, his voice stilted. "I need to help Ivy set up."

I turned away, busying myself with collecting up all the drawings from the easels.

"Oh don't be silly," Pansy laughed. "Ivy's got it in hand, haven't you, darling?"

"Yeah, sure," I muttered, desperately trying not to look over. "We've got half an hour, go and have a drink."

"No." Draco said firmly. "I want to help."

There was a sternness to his voice I hadn't heard before. I couldn't help but look up at him; his silver eyes pierced mine and I felt my stomach wrench at the defiant look upon his face.