Epilogue (part one): One Year Later

"Morning, beautiful,"

My eyelids fluttered open just as my face was attacked with kisses.

"Stop!" I giggled as Draco rolled on top of me, pinning me down.

He lifted his head, looking down at me; his silver eyes glinting mischievously into mine.

"Sorry," he growled huskily, not sounding sorry at all, "you know I can't resist you first thing in the morning."

The hardness poking into my thigh was telling me as much.

An instant bolt of longing pooled in my stomach; but my mind was distracted by my morning breath.

"Ivy, you know you taste delicious to me whatever time of day," Draco murmured, grinding himself against me, "fuck morning breath; I want you now."

"But, Scorp-?"

"He's still asleep; listen... no sound."

Draco was horny, and I had to admit it, so was I.

Forty five minutes later, we both collapsed in a sweaty heated mess on the mattress.

"Fuck," Draco panted, pulling me into his arms and burying his face in my hair, "fuck I love you, Ivy."

"I love you too," I said, still gasping for breath, "especially when you do that."

"What can I say?" he smirked; a wicked glint in his silver eyes, "you know I like to treat my woman right."

"I better get up," I said, tilting my head up to rub my nose against his, "I've got lots to do before everyone arrives."

"We," Draco said firmly, "you know I don't expect you to do everything."

I pressed my lips against his and then wriggled out from underneath him. Before I could climb out of bed, however, Draco snapped his fingers around my wrist, halting me. I looked back down at him, raising a curious eyebrow.

"Happy birthday, Ivy," he murmured silkily, his eyes dancing as they fixed upon mine.

And, as my heart flooded with such joy, I knew that he was thinking the same as me; that just a year ago we could never have dreamed that we would be where we were now.

*****

I had just finished making the coffees when the kitchen door flew open and Scorpius came racing in on hands and feet.

"Birthday boy, coming through!" Draco called from out in the hallway, clearly struggling to keep up with our speedy son.

He suddenly burst into the kitchen, bending down to scoop a squealing Scorpius up and proceeded to tickle him under his arms.

"Blimey, Scorp," he chuckled breathlessly, "you need to stop trying to get away from me like that."

"Perhaps we should get him a dog to chase," I laughed, stepping over to hand him his coffee before planting a kiss on our son's head.

"I was thinking, instead of a dog," he said tentatively, as I relieved him of our son so he could drink his coffee, "what about another child?"

I pressed my face into the top of Scorp's platinum locks, closing my eyes briefly; trying to ignore the uneasiness settling in the pit of my stomach as I avoided Draco's hopeful gaze.

An arm instantly snaked around my waist as Draco pulled me to him, resting his chin on the top of my head. "I know how you feel about going through it again," he murmured gently, "but it won't be like last time, I promise."