46 - Poison

"Mmmm, something smells good,"

I was stood in the kitchen having just prepared two coffees when a pair of arms snaked around my waist from behind me.

I shivered as teeth grazed the bare skin of my neck, hitting that sensitive spot that he seemed to know so well about.

"It's just coffee," I said, sucking in a sharp breath; trying to ignore the way my stomach was pooling in complete and utter longing.

"I was talking about you," he growled, spinning me round and instantly catching my lips in his.

"Draco!" I gasped against his mouth as he pressed me back into the kitchen counter so that the edging dug painfully into the small of my back.

He pulled his head back slightly, the yearning rife in his grey eyes.

"Sorry," he said hoarsely, tightening his arms around me and pulling me up against his hard, firm body, "I just can't resist you."

My fingers clung into the sides of his upper arms, creasing the fabric of his shirt.

"We should drink our coffees," I breathed, trying not to let the scent of his expensive cologne overwhelm me.

I closed my eyes as he lowered his lips back down to mine, brushing them softly in a way that made me release a longing sigh.

Suddenly, the buzzer sounded loudly around us.

"For fuck's sake," Draco snarled, reluctantly letting go of me and whirling round to angrily glare at the lift doors, "who the fuck wants to come up at this time on a Monday morning? Don't people have jobs?!"

I stood frozen in complete panic. I couldn't cope with the sound of unexpected visitors; I was always terrified it was going to be Percy.

"He won't get through me," Draco said fiercely, suddenly clocking my expression and cupping my face in his hands. "You know that, don't you?"

I nodded, and he pressed his lips against my brow before striding over to the intercom giving his usual friendly greeting.

"Who the fuck is it?"

"Oh!" A shocked female voice sounded through the speaker. "Is this- um... is this the home of Draco Malfoy?"

My heart fluttered as I instantly recognised the ethereal tones.

"Let her up," I said at once, to a scowling Draco, "it's Luna."

"Loony?!" He said, turning to look back at me with incredulous disgust. "How the fuck did that freak get hold of my address?"

"Umm... Harry actually passed it onto me," Luna's voice crackled, making Draco start as he realised his finger was still on the intercom, "do you think I could see Ivy, please?"

"Draco, she's my friend," I implored when he looked as though he was going to protest, "remember?"

His scowl instantly softened and a look of guilt seemed to flicker in his eyes. "Shit, sorry, Ivy. I forgot."

Without saying another word to Luna, however, he buzzed her up, and I prayed she'd understand that that was Draco's way of saying 'welcome'.

I felt slightly apprehensive. I hadn't heard from Luna since I walked out on Percy, and I had presumed that she too turned her back on me over my decision.

"Are you okay?" Draco asked, concern etched on his features as he walked back towards me.

I nodded as he took my hands in his; his silver eyes studying me carefully.