05- Pain.

[Kai]

I felt a strike of pain all of a sudden in my head, something like a headache but much worse, and it wasn't the pain I got from my beatings, it was much worse. I needed it to stop. I felt like I was going to die.

I sprung up and opened my eyes, I was in a room, and a person was sleeping next to me, Asher, I could tell from his scent. The pain kept going and it got much worse.

[Asher]

I felt a sudden jolt of movement followed a long with grunts and groans, I then look up to see Kai awake. Oh no. I knew the pain was kicking in by how he looked. He was holding his head, I guess that's where the pain was. I got up and sat on the bed.

"You're finally awake. I'm sorry I couldn't heal you, now you have to go through this..." I didn't know if I should explain now especially because of the state he was in.

"A- asher wha- t did you do, ple- ease make i- it st- op.." he said his voice laced with pain, if I could I would take the pain for him.

"I'm sorry baby but i can't control it, it was the only way to help you wake up, i can't make it stop but i can help make you feel better"

[Kai]

Asher got up, and he looked at me in worry, by now I'm sweating, and I cant speak properly. Asher said something about how he couldn't heal me so that's why I have to go through this now. I asked him what he did to me, to make it stop. He replied so apologetically, he wasn't doing this on purpose?

He said he could help me but how?

"P- ple- ease Al- pha he- help me" I asked him, the pain was too excruciating, I just wanted it to be over.

[Asher]

He pleaded to me and I didn't know what to do. I then decided to go get a bowl of cold water and a towel to wipe him down. The pack doctor had left for a few days for the training she has to attend to, but I remember her saying I could help him, I don't know how to though. Hopefully I'll get through to her.

"Hold on baby let me go get some water and a towel to make you feel better, I'll be right back." I left the room and ran out of the room to go get it.

[5 minutes later]

I came back to Kai's room to see him holding his head, knees up to his stomach, laying on his side.

"Oh god- okay here sit up." I sat him up, and made him lay back. As I looked at him, his baby blue ocean eyes were red and puffy with tears in them, I seriously wished I could take the pain for him.

[Kai]

Asher came back with the bowl of cold water and a towel, I was on my side, holding my head, it was all too much. He tried to get me to sit up, and lean against the bed, which I did. Before he grabbed the towel he looked at me, for a slight moment I felt the need to be in his touch, but the thought got interrupted by my pounding headache.

Asher must've saw my pain worsen so he put the cool towel on my head thinking it would help me, but it did the exact opposite.

"ASHER TA- KE IT OFF PL- EASE" I screamed from the sudden spike of pain. I didn't know what was going on. I thought the cool towel would help but instead it made my skin feel like it was on fire. Asher pulled away, and I couldn't hold it back anymore, I started crying. I wanted this pain to be over, I wanted Max, and I just wanted to be comforted.

"I- I'm sorry...I thought it would help.." I knew deep down he somehow cared for me, but I couldn't put up a fight yet, at least not while this is happening to me.

He then wiped the hair off my face and there it was- the pain almost disappeared. It was there but it went almost completely away, did Asher's touch make it go away? I felt so thirsty for his touch thinking about it now

I soon realized I was rubbing my head into his touch, "Does this make you feel better, I can tell" how did he know, was I that obvious?

"Let me contact Celeste real quick." He then got up and left, all of the pain came rushing back. I tried breathing in and out, but it didn't work. I balled up under the covers of the bed, and tried to go back to sleep, hopefully all of the pain will go away by this.

[Asher]

I came running back to Kai's room when I heard a blood curdling scream. There he was sobbing in full pain, I couldn't take it anymore I had to give him comfort even if he was scared of me.

I ran to the bed lifted him up and put him in my lap, hugging him, and running my fingers through his soft curly hair.

"I- it h- hurts a- alpha" he said, I brought him closer to my chest.

He seemed to calm down a lot and I knew why, in the text Celeste sent, she said my touch is the only thing that can calm him down and take away all of his pain. Why would she tell me this now and not before she left? No idea. His eyes were red and puffy with tears still running out of them.

"Shh, it's okay love, Celeste our pack doctor said that you'll only calm down when your in my touch, I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable-"

"N- no i- I'm j- just scared the pain will return, i- dont wa- want i- it to.."

"Nononono as long as I'm here with you, it won't, okay? It's just 24 hours then it's s over." I reassured him, hopefully the pain won't increase.

"24 HOURS?! I mean I've already endured m- more pain b- before-"

My wolf took notice and another growl slipped which made him flinch, I need to stop that, but the thought of people hurting my mate just gets my wolf out.

"S- sorry A- alpha" he said, I could tell he was trying to stop tears from coming out.

"No precious, I'm sorry, my wolf is already very clingy to you. So he gets upset at the thought of you experiencing pain."

"It's okay..." he said in a sleepy tone. His eyes life started to slowly shut.

Thankfully he's sleeping so the pain won't get too much for him. Hopefully he doesn't wake up from the pain or a nightmare.

[1 hour later]

While I was doing some work in my office, I heard a blood curling scream from upstairs. I ran up, and my mate was laying on his back, gripping the sheets with his eyes closed.

-------------------------

Hey loves! Sorry..this chapter was too long..but I promise it'll be shorter..at least i think. I just wanted the characters to have a little bit more chemistry to them. But anywayss lemme know what u think! Love u, yes u! See ya beautiful people.