18 - Happiness and Friendships

[Kai]

After swimming for sometime Aspen told us to close our eyes while he guided us to the unknown part of Zales.

"Kai when I say open your eyes..open them ok?

"Got it." I said.

"Okay." Max said.

"Okay..3...2...1..open!"

I immediately opened my eyes and... shoot, WE'RE LITERALLY IN LIKE A CAVE!

"WOAHH!" Max said. "Woah indeed." I said. It was so magical, and looked so surreal. There were high walls made of huge rocks that were lined with moss.The stream was the only thing dividing them. More rocks showed at the bottom because the water became more shallow. There were streams of light that shined through the top of the walls making the water glisten once again. This area was way more secluded. You wouldn't know about it just from the appearance.

"And...this is the other part of Zales!" Aspen said.

"Now I'm really glad you found this place Asp." I said.

"I know right, same here. Now should we go explore guys?" Aspen said, "Yup!" Max and I said together.

- 1 hour later -

"Asp I swear you're gonna kill me.." I said laughing, so was Max.

"...yea I know right..and guys I wanna tell you something.." Max and I stopped laughing, "Well what's wrong..you okay?" Max asked. We had gotten to know Aspen and he got to know Max and I. It was so awesome, I really do love him already, a love for a best-friend just like Max. At this point, we all became close, we know each other's life story and so on. I loved this feeling though...happiness.

"I'm fine. Its just that..I never really had any friends. I've always dreamed of having friends like you guys. It might a little too early for this but I'm very much thankful we are all getting to be close friends. After all, we are brother-in-laws. I hope that we continue our journey together family and as friends." I could feel years brink my eyes just a little bit and I look over to Max, him having the same reaction.

"Awwww Asp. Sorry I look ugly when I cry," Max said laughing, "I'm thankful for you too."

"Me too and we can grow with one another. I will always be here for you guys." I added.

"Thanks guys. Hug?" Aspen asked with him arms out for a group hug. Max and I looked at each other and went in for the hug.

"Hey guys, I have a question. I know Max's mate is Silas and Aspen you know your brother is my mate, but what about you Asp? You didn't find your mate yet?" I asked. Only werewolves find their mates at 16. If you're a hybrid it's usually whenever because you're immortal. Taken that he's an Angel and Werewolf he should've found his mate already.

"I haven't found them yet but my wolf did say something about waiting. I don't even know.." That's odd.

"Oh really...that's weird but not weird at the same time.." Max said.

"Yea I think so too.." I spoke.

"Actually, it might not be as odd as we think. You do know that there is a possibility you have two mates? Perhaps that's why you aren't feeling a connection or pull to either one yet. I mean they could be right around you but you wouldn't know unless they're both in the same room.." Max said. I forgot having two mates was a possibility. It wasn't common but not fully uncommon.

"Wha- what do you mean?" Aspen said.

"If you have two mates you won't feel the pull unless they are both around or until you've meet them both at some point. If you're around one but not both there might be a slight pull but your wolf wouldn't fully reveal it hence why you won't the pull." I said.