Chapter Sixteen

No One's P.O.V.

"STOP IT!!" Secret's voice cracked as she got in between the two, stopping them from going at each other while she begged them. "Look at yourselves!" Her voice was strained as she tried not to let her tears spill out of her eyes. "We are family!!" She yelled out, while Alaric and Jenna came into the room.

"Get him out of here!!" Elena demanded as Stefan went back to Elena, Damon hugging Secret. "Let's go." Secret whispered as she let go of her brother and took his hand, leading him out of the room and downstairs. Damon took his hand out of hers after they got into one of the living rooms, Elijah putting the elixir away.

"Sounds like you won't be needing this anymore." He spoke clearly as Secret walked up with Damon, both of them pouring a drink for themselves. "Feeding her vampire blood rendered it useless." He spoke, not looking at them yet. "Tell Elena I'll be back before nightfall. We'll proceed as planned." He looked over at Secret, talking more to her than to Damon as he walked away

"We both know that Elixir wouldn't have worked anyways." Secret stayed quiet as she sipped on her drink, not wanting to get into the conversation. Elijah turned around and walked back towards the two, more towards Damon. "The problem, Damon, you talk a good game but you don't actually know anything." Secret slowly backed away as she watched the two, not wanting to get caught into a fight if one happens.

"She'll never forgive you." Damon turned around to look at Elijah, taking his time. "And never for a vampire... it's a very long time." Elijah paused his words to let it sink in before continuing. He then walked away, leaving Damon and Secret alone in the room.

Damon and Secret walked up to the bar at the grill, sitting down on the stools. Damon was a regular here, everyone knew that he always ordered bourbon. The bartender sat a glass down in front of Damon and poured him a glass. After he had Damon's he went and got Secrets, a strawberry lemonade. She never felt like compelling them, and she does have a strong liking for strawberry lemonade.

"Thanks." They both spoke, taking a sip of their drinks. Alaric came in a minute later and sat on the other side of Damon. "I'll have the same." He told the bartender, pointing towards Damon's drink slightly. "I screwed up." Damon spoke after a few seconds of silence, both Alaric and Secret turning to look at him.

"Yeah. Yeah, you did." Alaric nodded while Secret placed her hand onto Damon's. "You we're doing what you thought was best." Secret was good at comforting people... when she wanted to be. "Gentlemen? And lady. Why so glum?" A British accent acknowledge from behind them, causing them to turn around and look.

"What do you wa-." Secret demanded as she turned around, but stopped when she saw the person standing in front of her. She let her eyes trail up and down shamelessly, not caring if he knew she was staring at him. Something about him just seemed so familiar, like she's met him before, but she couldn't remember where or who he was. Alaric was quick to stand up while Damon groaned once he saw his reaction.

"Klaus, I presume." Secret's eyes widened as she looked over at Alaric, who nodded in confirmation at her. "In the flesh." Secret looked back at him, silently begging for him to speak more, just to hear how the words rolled off of his tongue so effortlessly. "Thanks for the loaner, Mate." He spoke to Alaric. Secret quickly put a hand over her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

Damon stood up and faced him. "Any reason you stopped by to say hi?" Klaus' eyes turned to Secret, as she calmed down. He smirked as he looked back at her brother, to which he caught on to. Klaus then decided to list the other reason he was here. "I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelgänger." His smile left his face as he turned his attention to Damon.

Damon smirked sarcastically at the man in front of him. "Just thought I'd remind you to not do anything you'll regret." Anyone could her the threat in his voice if they listened to his words, if they could not already see it written on his handsome face. "Ha." Secret snickered, considering Damon always does that. "Thanks for the advice." He smiled a thank you sarcastically.

Secret turned around in her chair and called the bartender over. "You know what I want." The bartender grinned, not paying attention to the tension between the small group. "Chicken strips and fries?" Secret nodded and the bartender chuckled, walking to the cook. Klaus looked at the interaction with interest before looking back to her brother.

Secret took a drink out of her lemonade before turning around to face Klaus and Damon again. "I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?" Secret facepalmed at her brother's words, hoping Klaus won't kill him for just saying that. Klaus chuckled as he looked at Secret before looking back at Damon.

"You are kidding." He saw how serious Damon was, causing him to turn to Secret. "He is kidding, right?" He asked her. "No, not really." She sent a glare to her brother for asking that question while Klaus turned back to face him. "I mean, come on, what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?" Damon asked, trying to persuade Klaus, which didn't work at all.

Klaus reaches down and played with a strand of Secret's hair, causing her to inhale sharply, while looking at Damon. "Let me be clear, I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need." Damon glanced down at Klaus' hand in anger, but didn't do anything to stop him. Secret stared at the two, trying to figure out why she felt butterflies in her stomach while Klaus' hand twirled the strand of her hair on his finger.

"The ritual will happened tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up." Klaus turned to Secret and took her hand with the same hand that was playing with her hair. He leaned down and kissed the back of her hand, his eyes on hers the entire time. "Goodbye, Love." He winked at her then walked away, leaving Secret shocked.