Chapter 18: Birthday Gifts

Bella:
A week had gone and it's the morning of my birthday. I roll over expecting to find Christian but instead I'm greeted by nothing.
I sit up and observe his side of the sleeping bag. There's an envelope placed on his pillow addressed to me.
I pick it up and tare it open.
Dear Bella,
Happy 18th birthday!!!
I can't believe it! Soon I'm gonna be 19!
That's right Christian is a year older than me but he was kept back! Now back to the note:
As a gift today, I'm sending you on a scavenger hunt around Coffs Harbour. There are directions to the next note and little gifts.
I'll see you somewhere special when you have finished!
Happy birthday!! Love you Christian xx
P.S where something nice, a dress!
I open the first gift and it's a beautiful silver bracelet. I put it on. I decide get up and find one of my favourite sun dresses. I was this beautiful blue colour that matched my skin perfectly and had a bow that went around the waist.
I applied some mascara and slipped my feet into my white flats.
When I opened the zipper I thought I would be greeted with birthday wishes but our campsite was deserted.
I read the first lot of directions.
They led me to a bakery where I entered.
"Good morning dear, how can I help you" the lady behind the counter asks.
"Good morning, well I'm on this birthday scavenger hunt and my boyfriend left directions to where in going on different notes. This the first place I have to go to to get my next clue and gift," I explain.
"I see," she says.
The lady bends down and picks something up before handing it to me.
"This should be it darling, that boy is a keeper," she winks and I take the directions and gift.
"Thank you," I say leaving the store.
Outside I open the box and there is a set of pearl earrings.
I take my others out and place them on my bag and put the pearl ones in.
The next directions lead me to a flower shop. I receive my next directions and gift. The gift was a bunch of white lilies my favourite!
This was my last set of directions, these led me to a park beside the sea and a beautifully decorated table.
"I see you've finally found out your destination," a voice un-mistakably Christian's.
I turn around and run up to him.
I give the longest and passionate kiss I've ever gave.
"Thank you so much," I say.
"Happy birthday." He kisses me.
We walk back over to the table and sit, our waiter is Zach.
I laugh.
"Good evening, tonight we have prepared the famous Princess Bella three course meal," Zach says sounding very formal.
I have to place a had over my mouth from laughing.
"Entree will be with you very shortly, our cook is a bit slow."
Christian takes my hand from across the table.
"I wanted to save the best gift for last," he says.
He places a lovely box on the table and slides it towards me.
I pick it up and undo the bow. Lifting the lid I see the most gorgeous necklace. It's a gold chain with a heart pendant that has set in diamonds around the edge.
"It's beautiful," I say almost in tears.
Christian gets up and walks towards me, his hand takes the necklace and places it around my neck. He moves my hair and does the clasp allowing it to fall into my neck.
He gives me a kiss and whispers, "I'm glad you like it."