Silence in my blood- Part 1

Page 1

Page 2

Page 2

She closes the book, clutches it to her chest and the tears that had started about halfway through the story, couldn’t stop now that the story was over.

Their story.

When he’d talked to her about the book, she always felt as thought it was built around the mysteries of their hometown. But it wasn’t. What she held in her hand was them. Their story. And to read his words, his side of the story broke her heart and filled it with warmth. He loved her. God he loved her so much and reading his words was like relieving it all over again. It was falling in love all over again.

Every moment he describes. Making love to her. Loving her. Having her break his heart. It makes her realise that she really wasn’t imagining how deep their souls were connected, no matter how many people might’ve told her otherwise.

No.

Their love was the realest thing she’d ever felt.

“Hello?”

“Sidharth?” She breathes out. “Main abhi subway le rhi hu. Tu meko tera address bta."

She wants to tell him so much. How much she misses him, how sorry she is, how she understands thoughts and reactions about herself she never had when she was in Mumbai. She wants to ask him if he’s better, if he figured himself out like he had said in his book, if he’s happy. If he’s happier without her. She had spent so much for her time feeling guilty for breaking his heart, so much time feeling like the worst person in the world for destroying the one good thing in her life. Therapy helped. It established that she had a tendency to self destruct, because all she had known was pain. She’d gotten better at banishing those thoughts out of herself mind but it could never change the fact that she was to blame for her own pain when it came to Sidharth.

Her mind is going a hundred miles a minute, the whole journey to New Jersey. And for all the things she wants to tell him, she’s not sure he deserves to hear it. Why would he deserve this? How could he want her back in his life after all that she had done to him? Maybe he’d be better off without her. And she could just watch him live his life without her.

There’s another part of her that absolutely rejects the idea. No. She loves him and she misses him and she so desperately wants him back. She wants to be with him. She wants him to love her again. She wants all those dreams she used to have to be restored. She wants a future with him. Their story in his book, so wonderfully written had made her love him even more, had awoken the deep need she always felt for him. Reading about how he fell in love with her was emotional, even more so when she broke his heart just three years later. It made her feel loved, he always had but the words that came from the deepest parts of him was different than a simple ‘I love you’. Sidharth Shukla loved her and she broke his heart.

She buzzes the doorbell, waits for the door to open. When it does, she can’t help but stare for a few seconds at him, dressed in an infamous ‘S’ T-shirt, with pajama pants and she’s taken back to their their college year, when they lived together.

“Hey, Shehnaaz.” Sidharth greets, a smile on his lips as he opens the door wide to let her come inside.

His apartment is nice, there’s boxes everywhere which Shehnaaz knows is because he’s just moved in and Sidharth can be incredibly resistant to actually unpacking or packing. Helping him pack for Indore had been the hardest task possible since he kept distracting her with his lips.

“Acha kuch legi? Meko shopping abhi be krni hai but.....” He laughs softly.

“Chal chai pila.”

He nods, running a hand through his hair. He goes into kitchen too make tea and Shehnaaz follows him there. Leaning on the counter Sidharth asks.

“So, you read it?” 

“I did.” She breathes out. “It’s...fucking brilliant, Sidharth.”

He huffs out a laugh. “Really?”

“Haan, really. I love it.” Nodding, she reassured him. Even after being published, his insecurities threatening to come up. “Meko laga tha voh mystery ke baare me hogi or nahi....” She trails off.

“Humare bare me?”

AN/
Hello I'm back again 😃 Guys please ache ache comments kiya kro or silent readers kyuuu meri mehnat panni me dal rhe ho? Kya kharish hai comments n likes krne se😭
Please ispr 15 comments kro tohi next part aaega 🥺