twenty

TWENTY

I HAVE LEARNED THAT TO BE
WITH THOSE I LIKE IS ENOUGH
WALT WHITMAN

ALESSIA ARRIVED home for the Easter holidays just in time for the twins' birthday

ALESSIA ARRIVED home for the Easter holidays just in time for the twins' birthday. Initially, she had intended to stay at school for the break, but decided against it upon hearing that her newfound crush - Terry Boot, who Aspen thought had a very unfortunate last name - was venturing home too. Aspen was glad, relishing any time with her little sister she could get. She was beginning to find herself dreadfully clingy, but admittedly there was not a fibre of her being that cared. There was nothing that could bring her mood down, and in fact, she'd not felt this cheerful in years.

March was coming to an end when she collected Alessia from the station. When she stumbled off the train, Ginny accompanied her, dragging her trunk behind her clumsily. This was no surprise to Aspen, who had heard in a recent letter from her sister that Dean Thomas and Ginny had been suffering through a rough patch. Subsequently, in a desperate attempt to avoid his company, she'd decided the best approach was to vacate the castle for a few weeks.

"I've got a few errands to run, girls. I can drop you at home first, unless you'd like to come," Aspen queried aloud, taking the box that contained a disgruntled Thelonious from her sister to ease her heavy load.

"In Diagon Alley?" Alessia asked keenly, tugging her trunk behind her with an exasperated grunt.

"Yeah. I'm just needing a few bits and pieces for Fred's birthday," she paused, and then realising her mistake, hastily continued. "And George's, of course!"

The two younger girls shared a giggle, and let out a teasing coo of adoration to mock Aspen's new relationship. She'd informed Alessia in a letter, and she was sure the news would have spread like wildfire around the little group of Weasleys and their friends at Hogwarts. Still, this would be the first time the girls would be witnessing it firsthand, and Aspen had already prepared herself in advance for the mocking she was bound to receive.

"We'll come," Ginny said quickly, beyond pleased at the possibility of having something to do other than prepare for their upcoming OWLs.

"Great! Let's get this stuff home, then!"

With a brief plan of action in mind, Aspen hurried the two girls along the platform and through the wall. On the other side, muggles rushed past to make their early evening commutes, and they were all thankful for it, as they failed to pay any mind to the ball of purple fur that was vaguely concealed by the box in Aspen's arms. They didn't linger around the station, and rather, they raced through King's Cross as fast as possible, hailing a cab outside within minutes of exiting into the brisk spring air.

As usual, they suffered through the uneventful taxi ride. Alessia was itching to get home, finding muggle transport a bore, and yet Ginny enjoyed the sights of ordinary London. It was a major change to the usual scenery of Ottery St. Catchpole, and she couldn't quite understand why Alessia would take it for granted. Still, the traffic was tedious, and by the time the trio arrived and hauled their luggage up to the flat, they were thankful for the journey's end.