Act 1, Scene 1

ACT 1, SCENE 1

Scenes from the first two movies play while "Legend" by Jerry Reed plays over the action the montage ends as we pan over a pair of boots sitting at the foot of a couch. We pan up over Booker Darville as the song fades out and we hear the doorbell ringing. Close on Booker as he sleeps. He stirs in his sleep, trying to ignore the ringing. The ringing continues. He rolls off of the couch putting his boots on as he heads to the door. He opens the door and we see Baby Enos Burdette standing on the other side.

BABY ENOS BURDETTE

Hello, Booker.

Booker shakes his head.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Nope. No God-Damned way.

Booker closes the door and heads back to the couch. Baby continues to ring the doorbell as he sits down.

CARRIE DARVILLE

(Off-screen)

Booker! Booker, who is it?

Booker lets out a deep sigh.

BOOKER DARVILLE

It's the Burdettes again!

CARRIE DARVILLE

(Off-screen)

What?

BOOKER DARVILLE

It's Baby Enos, Grandma.

Carrie walks in, we see that she is much older than the last time we saw her.

CARRIE DARVILLE

Well then, what are you sitting around for? Go talk to her!

BOOKER DARVILLE

What? No, why the hell would I talk to her?

Carrie walks over to the door.

CARRIE DARVILLE

Because she might have something important to say.

Booker stands up and goes after Carrie.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Grandma. Grandma, no. Don't open that door!

Carrie opens the door, and we see Baby again.

CARRIE DARVILLE

Baby, come in. It's so good to see you.

BABY ENOS BURDETTE

Carrie! Thank you. Finally, someone with some manners.

Baby and Carrie share a hug. Carrie swings out, blocking Booker as she leads Baby inside.

BOOKER DARVILLE

What the hell? Granny, this is my home!

Carrie turns to him and pats her hand on his chest.

CARRIE DARVILLE

Not while I'm visiting, it's not. Baby, you were supposed to be here three hours ago, what took you so long?

Carrie turns and follows Baby Enos into the living room. Booker looks after her in disbelief.

BOOKER DARVILLE