Act 2, Scene 3 & 4

ACT 2, SCENE 3

Buford arrives at the attempted roadblock at HWY 64 and Toll 49. He pulls up next to the officer in charge and rolls down his window.

TYLER POLICE OFFICER

I don't believe it, but the little shit made it out.

BUFORD B. JUSTICE

Let me get this straight. You sumbitches corner his ass on a bridge, and he still gets past you? If you were in my department, I'd have your ass for the sheer stupidity you've just displayed. We got a location on him?

TYLER POLICE OFFICER

We lost him in the city. Last we saw he was on Duncan Street, but we didn't see him get onto the loop.

BUFORD B. JUSTICE

That's because you sumbitches is too slow, just like you were here, dipshit.

The officer looks down at the side of Buford's police cruiser.

TYLER POLICE OFFICER

Canton? What the hell are you doing in Tyler?

Buford glares at the officer for a second before opening his door and stepping out. He towers over the other officer.

BUFORD B. JUSTICE

That sumbitch came through my town, tore up my streets, and called me out. He challenged me in front of the people I'm supposed to protect. He destroyed their property. I am bringing this sumbitch in. You got that, boy?

HIGHWAY PATROL OFFICER

(Through C.B.)

Dispatch, I've got eyes on a black dually eastbound on Interstate 20, mile marker 574, traveling in excess of 90 miles an hour. Subject may be related to the Canton Incident.

Buford's eyes go wide.

BUFORD B. JUSTICE

Sumbitch!

Buford pushes the Officer to the side and gets back into his vehicle. He leads the cruisers as they head to the Interstate.

ACT 2, SCENE 4

Clementine is driving down the highway when she hears the sound of a car horn. She looks in her rearview mirror to see Booker coming up behind her followed far behind by a group of police cruisers. Booker flies past Clementine and she takes exit 591 as the police cruisers start to pass. She continues straight on 2011 before stopping at a break in the trees. Clementine jumps out of her semi and looks over the highway as police cruisers continue to blaze past. She watches as Buford's Canton P.D. unit drives by. She runs back to her truck and grabs her C.B.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Hey, Book, I just saw Buford. You've got at least two miles on him, but he's coming up fast.