Act 2, Scene 6

ACT 2, SCENE 6

MONTAGE:

Booker speeds through Waskom as Buford turns off the interstate. Clementine passes the accident that Booker caused. Booker flies past the Welcome to Texas sign, about a minute later Buford passes the same sign. Clementine reaches Louisiana on the interstate. T.H.P. begins peeling off as L.H.P. takes over. Buford watches as the Texas Highway Patrol units next to him pull off to the side of the road and L.H.P. takes their place.

LOUISIANA HIGHWAY PATROL OFFICER

Sheriff Justice, we've been informed of the situation, and no worries, we'll let you make the arrest.

BUFORD B. JUSTICE

10-4, much obliged.

Booker passes under the interstate, Clementine crosses the bridge, and Buford passes after she disappears from view. Booker flies through an intersection blaring his horn to make sure he doesn't hit anyone. Clementine passes under the Highway 80 overpass, In her rearview mirror, she sees Booker pass over followed by Buford. Highway 80 starts to parallel the interstate and Booker sees Clementine ahead of him, so he slows down to keep Buford from seeing her and then picks up speed when 80 turns away from I-20. He sees her again as she continues straight on I-20 and he heads into the city of Shreveport. Highway 80 crosses over I-20 again. Highway 80 passes over I-20 again. Booker smiles as he sees Clementine much farther down the road. Booker drifts around a corner onto Common St, and then hits the next right onto Texas St. He starts going across the Long-Allen Bridge. He takes a deep breath and lets off the gas a bit. On the other side, he sees police blocking off the bridge. When he's across the water, he hits the gas again. He gets as close to the right side of the road as he can. He pushes through a police cruiser and jumps the curb going through the grass. He keeps going the same direction as HWY 80 gets back onto the pavement and then makes his way back to HWY 80. He keeps on HWY 80 and then loses the police in Red Chute, LA. Booker will keep following I-20 off to the side while Clementine will keep on 20 averaging about 100 miles an hour. Buford will continue to follow Booker's trail in the Louisiana countryside. Booker will pass multiple city limit signs before arriving in Tallulah.

TRANSITION TO: