Act 3, Scene 9

ACT 3, SCENE 9

Booker, Carrie, and Clementine pass through Atlanta, GA on their way to Jonesboro. They pull off onto a long dirt road and come to a stop in front of Baby Enos Burdette, standing in front of a large mansion with a large 'B' engraved in the center above the main door. Booker steps out of the Driver's side of Trigger and walks towards her.

BOOKER DARVILLE

How much time we got left?

Baby Enos looks down at her watch before shaking her head.

BOOKER DARVILLE

I'll put it to you like this, you could've stopped for something to eat and then gone around the northside of Atlanta and still made it. Good job, Booker.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Don't give him all the credit. The last thing he needs right now is an ego.

Clementine walks up behind them, nudging Booker in the shoulder.

BABY ENOS BURDETTE

Oh, like yours needs any more inflating?

Clementine's jaw drops as Booker starts to laugh.

BOOKER DARVILLE

She's got you there.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

I'm sorry, but if it wasn't for me then we'd still be in Canton trying to find Buford's house!

BOOKER DARVILLE

Care to tell the class how you came across that information?

Booker motions to Baby Enos and Clementine looks over at her, her mouth hanging open.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

No, no I would not.

Baby Enos shakes her head.

BABY ENOS BURDETTE

Either way, good job... To both of you. You're as costly a team as your grandfathers were.

Baby Enos nods to a butler standing behind her. The butler disappears inside of the mansion for a moment before returning with a large suitcase. Baby Enos takes the suitcase and hands it to Booker.

BABY ENOS BURDETTE

320,000 dollars as promised. I'll also call in a few favors and get your names and faces removed from any wanted lists. Good day to you both.

Baby Enos turns to walk away before stopping and turning back to them.

BABY ENOS BURDETTE

Oh, and it may not be a good idea to leave here with any of those vehicles for the next few hours, so I'll hold on to them and keep them safe for you. In return, I have a surprise for you. I think you'll love this one, Clementine.

Baby Enos motions for them to follow her as she leads them around the building to a garage. With a push of a button, the door opens, revealing the Semi truck from the original movie.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Holy- That's grandpa's first rig.

Clementine pushes her way passed Booker.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

I'm driving.

BOOKER DARVILLE

What? Like hell you are, it's my grandpa's truck.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

My grandpa is the one who made it famous.

BOOKER DARVILLE

So?

CLEMENTINE SNOW

So move.

Baby Enos shakes her head at them before looking over at Carrie, who is on the verge of tears. Carrie nods at Baby Enos. Baby Enos nods back. Carrie goes towards the truck.

CARRIE DARVILLE

Actually, you're both wrong. I'm driving.

Baby Enos watches as they climb inside and Carrie drives away.