Act 2, Scene 9 - 13

ACT 2, SCENE 9

Outside, Booker stumbles over to his truck. He waves Clementine on as she pulls out of the parking lot. Booker hops in his truck and waits for the police to show up before burning out and heading towards HWY 80. He pulls down his C.B.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Something tells me they'll have the I-20 bridge shut down. I'll take 'em across the other bridge to clear the way for you.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

10-4, Book, I'm ready and waiting.

BOOKER DARVILLE

And no matter what, you make the delivery, you understand?

CLEMENTINE SNOW

What?

BOOKER DARVILLE

Make the delivery, Clem.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Book...

BOOKER DARVILLE

I'm not planning on getting arrested, just make sure you get to Atlanta. I'm 10-7.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Wait, Book!

Booker turns off his C.B. and starts heading towards the old HWY 80 bridge. He looks in his rearview mirror and watches as the Louisiana state police clear the way for Buford to take the lead.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Well, welcome back, Chief.

Booker flies past the Delta, LA city limits sign and floors it towards the bridge. He crashes through two concrete barriers and continues towards the gate closing down the bridge. He crashes through the gate at 98 M.P.H. and continues across the bridge.

ACT 2, SCENE 10

The police blocking I-20 get word that Booker is crossing the other bridge and begin clearing the road. Clementine lets out a sigh as she starts to head over the bridge.

ACT 2, SCENE 11

Booker crashes through the gate on the other side of the bridge just before the police can block his path. He gets onto I-20 using the oncoming lanes while the police and Buford scramble to follow. Clementine sees the police and Booker enter the highway and slows down ever so slightly to ensure that Buford does not see her.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Good luck, Book.

She starts speeding again once she sees Buford enter the highway and disappear around a corner.

ACT 2, SCENE 12

MONTAGE:

Booker leaves the Vicksburg city limits with the police hot on his trail. He passes through Jackson, MS without leaving I-20 followed by the police. Clementine trails behind while still flooring it. He continues into and out of Meridian and across the Alabama State Line. He flies through Tuscaloosa.

ACT 2, SCENE 13

Carrie watches the chase from her home in Jonesboro. She watches as they prepare to send an armored truck after him.

CARRIE DARVILLE

Damn it, Book!

She jumps up from her seat and grabs the keys to Son-of-trigger.