Act 2, Scene 5

ACT 2, SCENE 5

Booker grabs his C.B.

BOOKER DARVILLE

10-4, Snow Angel. Here's the plan, Imma keep them on 20 until I get to the highway 80 exit, after that I'm gonna keep them off the interstate. You can go ahead and get back on the road but whatever you do, don't slow down.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Roger that, Sonuva Bandit.

Booker looks down and watches as his speedometer passes 100, 110, and 120. He chuckles and pats the dash as he laughs. He checks his rearview mirror to see the police trailing him all the way to the horizon.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Come on, boys, you're gonna have to do better than that.

Booker flies past exit 595A and sees the highway patrol have locked the exit down.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Where y'all taking me?

He continues down the highway and every exit is blocked by Highway patrol units. Booker smiles.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Alright, I get it.

Booker continues until exit 633 where he sees two units blocking the exit. He hits his brakes and turns towards the exit before hitting the gas. He shoots towards a small gap between the two vehicles.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Titanium versus steel and aluminum. I don't like your odds.

Booker honks his horn, the police officers standing by the cruisers level their guns on him.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Cute.

Booker keeps hitting his horn until the officers finally jump out of the way as he slams into the gap pushing both vehicles out of the way. At the intersection above the highway, he turns left and crosses over the bridge. On the other side, he hits a right and continues on Highway 80. He looks behind him and sees the police starting to follow him across the bridge. He picks up his C.B.

BOOKER DARVILLE

You're clear, Snow Angel. They're leaving the interstate and trailing me on 80. Hit the gas and move your ass.

TRANSITION TO: