Act 3, Scene 6

ACT 3, SCENE 6

Booker speeds past Clementine.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Snow Angel, fall back and give Frog a hand with those boy scouts, would you?

CLEMENTINE SNOW

10-4, Bandit. Good luck.

Clementine slows down, waiting for Carrie to catch up. She signals over into the slow lane and waits for Carrie to pass her. One of the units peels off and follows Clementine while the other two try to go past her. Clementine turns into the passing lane slamming the lead car into the guard rail. The second unit hits it's brakes just in time and moves out of the way as the wreckage of the lead car flies past. Carrie moves over in front of Clementine. Carrie looks around.

CARRIE DARVILLE

(to herself.)

Wait a minute, I know where I am!

Carrie grabs her C.B.

CARRIE DARVILLE

Snow Angel, you copy?

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Go ahead, Frog.

CARRIE DAREVILLE

You stay on 20, I've got a little trick I'm gonna show this smokeys.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

10-4.

Carrie takes the next exit and drives off into the Alabama countryside. Clementine pulls down on her C.B.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Breaker 1-9, this is the Snow Angel anybody got their ears on out there, c'mon?

Beat.

MARTIN PENWALD

Roger that, Snow Angel, I've got a copy on you. Whatcha you got going on?

CLEMENTINE SNOW

I'm east bound, I-20, mile marker 206, and I've had smokey's on my ass since Birmingham. I could use a hand sending him home early. What's your 20 and what's your handle?

MARTIN PENWALD

My handle's the Rubber Duck and I'm about a mile behind you, East Bound. I've got four boy scouts slowing down traffic in front, that wouldn't happen to be your doing, now would it?

CLEMENTINE SNOW

10-4, that's me. Would you mind giving me a hand here, Mr. Duck?

MARTIN PENWALD

I'll see what I can do. I'll be on your back door in a few minutes.

Martin, driving a black mack truck with a grill guard smashes through the four police SUVs blocking traffic and heads towards Clementine.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

I've got eyes on you, Duck. Whatcha wanna do about this boy scout, come back?

MARTIN PENWALD

I say let's make him a sammich.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

10-4, I agree. He looks hungry.

Clementine starts slowing down while Martin rams into the back of the unit. The vehicle gets caught between Martin's bumper and Clementine's trailer tires. The unit swerves out of the way and comes to a stop. Martin pulls up next to Clementine and gives her a thumbs up.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Thanks for your help, Rubber Duck, that's much appreciated. I'll catch you on the flip-flop.

Clementine speeds off.