Act 2, Scene 2

ACT 2, SCENE 2

State troopers begin setting up a roadblock at the highway 64 and toll 49 interchanges outside of Tyler, TX. We hear the sound of Buster's diesel engine revving in the distance.

STATE TROOPER

Here he comes, get to your positions!

The officers get set up, covering the on and off-ramps of the bridge. Booker comes flying down the highway, and four cruisers on the far side of the bridge position themselves to block off the entire bridge. Booker sees them and slams on his brakes. He starts to turn around when he sees cruisers coming up the ramps behind him. He puts the pedal down and goes back towards them. He barely makes it to the other side of the bridge and pulls off into the grass exit ramp side, heading down towards toll 49. He swings around under the bridge, barely clearing the guard rail and running over a road sign before merging onto the road. He stays on toll 49 until he reaches the toll 49 - HWY 31 interchange and exits heading towards Tyler. He stays on HWY 31 until he reaches HWY 64 and turns left. He sees a police officer heading down an alleyway and drifts over into the other lane and dodges oncoming traffic before swinging back around into the correct lane. He sees another police officer stopping in the middle of the road. Booker hits his brakes and goes off the side of the road to get around him. He turns off on South Hill Ave and continues onto North Hill Ave. When the road ends in a three-way intersection, he jumps the curb into a church parking lot and turns left on North Gaston Ave. He merges onto TX-110. He turns right on TX-147 Spur. At the end of TX-147, he turns left onto US-271. After seeing police cruisers ahead of him, he turns left onto Duncan St. He then turns right onto N NE 323 Loop. At the end of the N NE 323 Loop, he turns left onto US-271. He reaches I-20 and turns left, heading toward Louisiana. Booker pulls down his C.B.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Snow Angel, you got your ears on?

CLEMENTINE SNOW

10-4, Sonuva Bandit, readin' you loud and clear.

BOOKER DARVILLE

What's your 20, girl?

CLEMENTINE SNOW

I'm at exit 582, Liberty City. How boutcha?

BOOKER DARVILLE

I've just hit I-20, exit 571

CLEMENTINE SNOW

What, you let Frog behind the wheel? How the hell do I got 11 on ya?

BOOKER DARVILLE

(laughing.)

I was passing through hunting grounds, Angel. Give me a minute and I'll fix that gap.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Boy, you better. This highway's lined with bears, we're losing time, and my foot's getting heavy. I need you to come do your job.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Roger, roger. Pedal is to the metal. I'll be knocking on your back door in about 7 minutes.

Booker passes a highway patrol unit. It pulls out of its spot and follows Booker.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Shit, I've gotta go. 'Ol smokey just got a hit on me and his pack won't be far behind, and I'm sure Burford's gonna be with them. He knows we took Trigger, so pull off when you see me behind you. Don't need him putting two and two together.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

10-4, Book, I'll keep my eyes on my rear views.