Act 3, Scene 1

ACT 3, SCENE 1

Booker drives into McCalla. Having been tense most of the way through Mississippi and Alabama, He will take a deep breath and relax. He follows I-20 into Birmingham as he sees the police fall farther and farther behind. He narrows his eyes as he heads into the I-20, I-65 interchange.

BOOKER DARVILLE

What are y'all planning?

Booker looks to his left and on I-65 he sees an armored vehicle heading towards him.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Shit!

Booker reaches up and pulls down his C.B.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Snow Angel, Clem, do you copy?

Booker waits for a response as the armored truck exits I-65 heading towards him. The vehicle sideswipes him as it merges, Booker regains control just before he slams into the guardrails.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Book, where are you?

BOOKER DARVILLE

I'm on the I-20, I-65 interchange in Birmingham. I've got an armored smokey trying to run me off the road, and I don't think Buster can handle this heat.

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Keep heading towards U.S. 31, and take the North exit, but keep following 20, I've got a bad Idea.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Oh God, you don't mean? Hell, let's give it a shot.

Booker keeps on towards the next interchange while the armored truck smashes into him. Booker exits at 126 B while the armored truck continues to better him. While following 20, the armored truck gets a good hit on Booker and spins him around. When he comes to a stop, Booker tries to hit the gas, but nothing happens. He pulls down on his C.B. as the armored truck comes to a stop.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Clem, I'm here, but Buster is burnt. Where are you?

CLEMENTINE SNOW

Almost there, get ready to jump!

BOOKER DARVILLE

Oh, shit!

Booker dives out of the driver's side door as the police jump out of the armored truck and yell for him to freeze. Clementine drives into view below him on I-20. Booker leaps up onto the concrete barrier and jumps over onto the roof of the trailer. He takes a deep breath as they leave the armored truck behind. He then slams his head into the roof of the trailer.

BOOKER DARVILLE

Son of a bitch.