Chapter 11

Vote and Comment😘

Omniscient¥🤭¥
New York

As she sat at the window seat on the plane, Ashanti wandered about everyone but herself. What was her Best Friend doing, Draco, Trey, Duke, and even Tyquan. Majority of the people she thought about weren't even relevant in her life but still sometimes her mind wondered off, getting caught in a net of irrelevancy and not even realizing it. "Why" she thought... figuring it was just pure curiosity or either boredom coming into play.

"So where ya headed?" A soft voiced girl asked sitting next to her.

"Visit Family" was all she replied as she turned back around and watched the clouds. Ashanti wasn't really meaning intending to come off as rude, sometimes that's just how she was. "What's you name" she asked the girl.

"Justice" Ashanti smiled.

"Nice to meet you Justice I'm Shanti" her face lifted removing the mug that had been on the face the whole while. Finally turning her head to look at her Ashanti noticed that justice was a light skin girl with some braids in. She didn't look that tall, or like she talked really soft seeing as she looked ready to beat any bitch up🤣. As they continued to talk turning the flight it completely dissipated both of their nerves.

***

"What's your number" Justice grabbed Ashanti and put her number in. Both Ashanti and Justice seemed to talk like life long friends when they actually started taking. It was a weird but it felt refreshing to meet someone new without knowing you or any of your problems, and Ashanti was soaking it up like a sponge.

"I'm not from Atlanta but we definitely can link when I fly down there, which is like all the time." she said.

"Oh ya most definitely" Ashanti said back.

Dreadfully, the only thing they had to do left was to say bye. "Bye Ashanti" Justice yelled walking away, almost tripping over her feet. "Bye Justice" she yells and kept walking looking on for her family or someone holding her name.

"Ashanti!!" She heard someone whisper yelling. She whipped around to see who it was and almost got whiplash "huh" she said. "Turn around" said a familiar voice, one that she would know anywhere. "Uncle Boomer!!" She screamed jumping on him.

People were absolutely starting to stare, but neither one payed them any mind as he even twirled her around a little bit.

"You've gotten so big Sooki" he said smiling, bringing Ashanti into realization about something. She hadn't had someone call her Sooki in a while...her parents weren't in the picture so they didn't and the rest of her family had moved all over the 🌎 she didn't know what it was like hearing someone call her that name again. Hearing it brought tears to her eyes that she didn't even realize were there until her uncle Boomer started to hug her., "Awww Sooki Bear, it's ok" and he wiped her tears and hugged her a little tighter, not enough to hurt her though. "Now come on before they get to thinking somebody done kidnapped us" he grabbed some of her things and walked up with Ashanti trailing behind him.

When got outside Boomer opened the door for Ashanti and put all of her bags into the truck. "Here ya go" He said swiftly, and went to the drivers side of his truck and got in.

"This May be a surprise to some people that your coming so expect some crazy faces" Ashanti just kept looking forward already knowing what was coming next. "So, have you are your parents made up" she mouthed just as the words were coming out of his mouth. She sighed "No uncle Boomer I'm on my own as I have been since I was 15 years old. I get that you're concerned about it, the whole shebang but everybody's moved on and I for one am doing way better than before so it's not something I would like to revisit."

Boomer turned up the music and didn't say anything else for the rest of the ride. Ashanti might think that she was ok but she wouldn't be once she finds out the truth about everything. He would've been said something, and voiced his opinion but mama(her grama) had scolded him several times and gave him a whole lecture about it not being his place...and blah blah blah.

After at least an hour Boomer had turned down the music, "Ok , so tell me about how you life is going, and don't leave anything out." He playfully scolded me...

It took me a minute to respond seeing as I didn't know what to talk about. "Well you already know Santana and Trey, but you don't know Duke, Von, Ty, ManMan, and Draco. Both of them been around them but I'm just now really starting to hang with new people besides the people inside of my lil tiny friend group.

We not heavy on the friends part cause in real life they some, excuse my language...Assholes, but they are ok sometimes and funny.

Ashanti didn't go in deep about anything or anyone. Seeing as she really didn't know their personal business, they never talked about it with her or around her. It made her wander though now that she had thought about it.

"So Uncle Boomer what you been up to. I know you ain't been just doing nothing up here." She grinned. Her Uncle Boomer was always the black sheep of the her grandmama's kids, everybody knew it so when you ask him what he'd been up to he would always lie because whatever it was is no good. He didn't know but when he lied his nose would always get twitchy and it was absolutely hilarious. It never interferes with his business outside of the people that know, because who would know what to look for.

Ashanti just laughed though, while her Uncle shook his head smiling all the while in total oblivion of what she was laughing at.

When she settled down more the car got quiet for a little while better she broke the silence. " There's the corner store we almost there" she smiled. Even without her having been here in a very long time, she couldn't forget that comer store even if she wanted to so she just continued to stare outside of the window looking at the people pass by with a slight fascination.

She was paying no attention to boomer whatsoever, missing the weird look on his face all the while looking at people live their everyday lives and do random things in the streets and sidewalks. However just because she wasn't physically looking didn't mean the she couldn't feel him continuously glancing at her.

"You gone keep staring?" She arched her eyebrow, giving him the look.

"Naw, my bad." He said and looked forward. He couldn't believe how big she'd gotten, he remembered when he would put diapers on her and feed her baby food. Boomer was totally at awe.

While both were transfixed in their own heads, observing silently they neared her grandmothers house and much more.

🔱¥¥¥¥¥¥¥🔱¥¥¥¥¥¥¥🔱¥¥¥¥¥¥¥🔱¥¥¥¥¥¥¥🔱¥¥¥

Ok so I'm so sorry this took so long any that it so short, but I got school and I HAD to post something‼️

➡️ Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT
(SHOW UR FRIENDS AND TELL THEM TO SHOW OTHER PPL SO THST MY BOOK CAN GET OUT THERE) I'd really appreciate it.

AND COMMENT OR PRIVATELY DM ME I RESPOND TELL ME ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK