Chapter 15

Ashanti | Shanti😍
Atlanta, Georgia

Sitting in the booth I pulled out my phone and pressed Instagram. I posted a quick little picture and started scrolling down, liking different peoples pictures and looking at their stories. I had decided to finally get out and get some fresh air and see some of my friends since I had been cooped up in the house, contrary to what I had actually wanted to do, but since I was in the mood for some McDonalds I decided to just pop up and surprise everyone again with my presence.

Looking at the time on my Apple Watch I noticed that my food was taking dumb long and I was starting to get impatient, but as soon as I was about to get up the waiter had just walked to my table and placed my food down.

"Thank You" I said as she had started to walk off. I had heard her say "no problem" but I didn't reply, I was fucking that food up. I honestly hadn't ate in like 3 hours, I was too busy working on some things with a few clients and then It had finally registered to me that I had to eat. Getting up I threw my trash away and cleaned any crumbs I'd left behind while I gathered my stuff, I don't know about anybody else but I clean up behind myself that's just how I was raised. It just would irk me if I left a mess there, even a tiny bit the shit would drive me crazy.

My Uber was coming around the corner so I was at the door waiting to go outside, I had ordered it while I was fucking up that sandwich and I just quickly finished my meal like I already knew I would since I was hungry.

When they pulled up I confirmed that indeed my Uber was in there and I jumped inside, closing the door behind me and making sure to keep my door unlocked. The had driver already had started driving by the time I had texted Tana to be by the door for me. She had sent me a simple "ok" and by that time I knew that some shit was about to go down, I knew Santana like the back of my hand so if hype ass tana sent a measly ass "ok" something was up.

The Uber driver was now pulling up to Trey's house so I gathered my stuff which of course wasn't a lot but sometimes I'm very forgetful (fr) so I do it anyways. I swiftly put everything in my fannypack including my phone and simply exited the car, walking up to the house.

Closing the door behind me I walked up to see everyone sitting down inside the living room talking.

"Hey Everybody" I said walking toward them.

It seemed like everybody was just doing the usual, smoking, laughing, and eating of course. As I walked towards the empty seat on the couch by Tana, I noticed that Draco had a girl sitting next to him. She was a pretty dark skin girl with this mug on her face like something was wrong looking down at her phone. "Hey" I heard from everybody else, I sat down next to Tana a pulled out my phone scrolling down Instagram but I felt someone tearing a hole in my face. He was giving both Von and his girl a run for their money judging by the fact that both their eyes hadn't left their phones since I got here, and I was trying very hard not to look back at him.

"Aye Shanti" Duke yelled towards me.

I lifted both my head and my eyebrows at him as if to say "what" or "yes" and he just pushed his phone in front of my face.

"Ain't that ya friend that you was all on Instagram with?" He pointed at his phone leaning back some a bit.

I grabbed the phone out of his hand and looked at the video he was trying to show me, only to see that it was E'lani a girl that I've known since diapers getting stomped out by about 4 girls. "Lani" was what I knew her by though since her and her parents were friends of the family and were always around, we'd tried to reconnect a few months back but it just didn't work out. Even then though E'lani still had a mouth on her that had always gotten her into a world of trouble, it was one of the reasons I cut her off.