Chapter 8: Unwanted Surprises.

three weeks later*

Phil's POV
<<<•>>>

As Dan was lying in his room having an existential crisis (for a good reason) I went to the hospital to see Ariel. Of course I didn't tell Dan that though.
"Dan," I said opening his door. "I'm going into town."
He didn't move an inch.
"Bye, Dan."
"Oh my god Phil stop sounding like my mum and leave!" he shouted.
I closed the door and walked out into the hall then the cold winter air. I toke out my phone and called PJ.
"Hello?" his bubbly voice said on the other end of the line.
"Hey PJ, its Phil. I'm going to the hospital to see Ariel if you wanna come."
"Okay. I'll see you there." He said and hung up.
I walked the cold streets of London cautiously. Weird things happen, but for some reason Dan never believed me.. I don't know.

As soon as I knew it, I was at the hospital
"Ariel Howell?"
"Go ahead, Phil." The nurse said.
I walked down the dim, narrow halls.
People crying
People talking
Snoring
Doctors talking
Bad news,
All the usual sounds.
"Boo!" PJ said jumping up in front of me.
I yelped, obviously startled.
"Hey, I'm sorry." He said, patting my shoulder then walking next to me with his hands in his pockets.
"It's okay." I smiled.
We walked down the halls and up the 2 flights of steps.
"So does Dan know you're here?"
"No, and he must not know. He will kill me. Anyway he's having an existential crisis."
"Oh," PJ said.
"Yeah. Anyway, Here's Ariel's room. Stay out of the room for a minute, I want her to be surprised."
He obeyed.
I walked in and saw her pacing around. She was normally lying down in her bed watching Doctor Who or Sherlock or on her phone crying over movies.
"Ariel, are you okay?"
She ran over and hugged me tightly.
"No." She whimpered into my chest, making my shirt wet.
"What's the matter, darling?"
She backed away from me and I wiped away her tears with my thumb.
"Your cheeks are to beautiful to have tear stains on them." I said "Now can you just tell me what's wrong?" I begged.
She toke a deep breath and said;
"I'm pregnant... and it's not Dan's. It's Ashton's."
That large breath that she toke in, I needed it. My jaw hung low and she hugged me again.
"I don't want to have a life inside of me just to throw it away like it never happened, Phil. There is a little human inside of me. That could be one less human on earth. Hell! Maybe even 2! And who knows?! they could be great in life! Maybe the next Albert Einstein or Maya Angelou! But no! the world will never get that if I give up on them! but I also don't want a baby with someone I have no intention to have a relationship nor even 'buddies' with!"
"I know." I sighed, stroking her hair. "But how is it Ashton's?"
Her big eyes looked up at me, as glassy as ever. Filled with tears of fear.
"He-He-He raped me."
My body trembled. I had to change the subject.
"I have something that can lighten up your mood though." I said.
Ariel's eyes lit up in an instant.
"Come in!" I yelled, and PJ burst in with his arms out, ready for a hug.
"PJ!" she said embracing him tightly.
She started crying hysterically again. Waterfalls from her eyes, falling to her cheeks and off of her face onto the cold hard floor.
"No no no no, darling." He says."Don't cry.. what's wrong?"
"I'm pregnant, and it's not Dans. It's Ashton's. When he toke me...He raped me." she sobbed.
"Oh my god.. I have to tell Dan!" he says. Ariel grabs his arm and digs her nails into his arm. "You will tell nobody!" she sobs. "I just have to figure out how to tell him. Until then, no one says a word." Ariel said.
PJ looked terrified and she started crying again.
"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to do that." she cries. He holds her again as she cries and I come in and hug her.

********

Ariel's POV
<<<•>>>
I paced around my hospital room after Phil and PJ left. They left long before the visiting hours were over. Maybe they left just so that I could think.
Well my mind was made up.
I toke my phone out of my bag and dialed a number.

Dans POV
<<<•>>>
My phone vibrated on the nightstand. Phil was on the edge of my bed, just sitting there. He picked up my phone and told me that it was Ariel. I panicked.
"Really?!"
"Yeah. And I think it must be important." He says.
I take the phone out of his hand and sighed then cleared my throat.
"Hello?" I said waiting for a reply.
"Dan?" she cooed. "I need you here. Please come asap. I want to tell you something." She said.
"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can." I said jumping up out of bed.
"Bye, love." She said.
"Bye, baby." I said then hung up
"What did she say?" Phil said.
"She has to tell me something important." I said. I got up and slipped on my galaxy shirt and black skinnies.
"I'll be on my way." I said.
"Okay. Bye."
I walked out of my room then out of the place.
I ran down the streets with win blowing hardly on my skin.
I ran past people, across streets. Everything to get to her. I could've got a taxi but I didn't care. My enthusiasm boosted my energy.
Hey, I wanted to start running this year anyways.
I slowed down and walked through the motion detecting doors and up to the front desk.
"Ariel Howell?" I asked.
The nurse nodded and let me through. I used the elevator instead of walking because I was so exhausted. I ran into Ariel's room to see her curled up in the corner and I ran to her.
"Baby, what's wrong?" I cooed moving her hair out of her face.
She looked up at me and her eyes were blood-shot and she looked dehydrated. I got up and grabbed two waters from the mini-fridge then far her one.
"Okay Dan, I didn't tell you something 3 weeks ago that I should've. Ashton, Raped me.. and now I'm pregnant and it's his." She said.
I backed up a bit then stared back at her.
"Are you going to keep it?" I asked.
"I don't know. don't want to have a life inside of me just to throw it away like it never happened,Dan. There is a little human inside of me. That could be one less human on earth. Hell! Maybe even 2! And who knows?! they could be great in life! Maybe the next Albert Einstein or Maya Angelou! But no! the world will never get that if I give up on them! but I also don't want a baby with someone I have no intention to have a relationship nor even 'buddies' with!" She said. It sounded practiced, but I didn't care.
I just nodded at her answer and sat next to her whilst putting my arm around her shoulder.
Ariel's face fell into my chest and she sat on my lap.
"What are we going to do?" I asked her.
"I have no idea." She replied. "Just wait it out I guess."
Ariel looked at me with her big jade coloured eyes and said to me, "What do you feel?"
"What do you mean?"
"How do you feel about me being pregnant?"
"Esthetic! there will be a little you running around the flat, it just saddens me that that child won't be half of me, but a person who we don't even want to breathe the same air as."
I spoke for the both of us.-Hopefully-
"I agree. But maybe someday, we can have a little Benedict or Samantha running around someday." she said and lightly planted a kiss on my nose which sent a shiver down my spine.
"Benedict and Samantha?" I ask.
"What about it?"
"Isn't it a bit formal?"
"Shorten it to Ben and Sam!"
"Okay" I said disappointed.
What are we going to do about this?