Stretching the Truth

Stovetop Burn~

Stovetop Burn~

A slightly faded red that pertains to loss of control, suggesting pent up stress in the tissue. Brought on by challenges to power, a defensive shade of the extending self.

 Brought on by challenges to power, a defensive shade of the extending self

~

~

~

I got my feedback reports today. I'm holding them now, overlooking them before Coach can meet me in the fitness studio.

And I can't believe it. The scores they gave my routines are all in the high 15's, with my performance on rings and high bar receiving 16. Even Costa struggles to get 16's. 

The bulleted list of critiques is much shorter than I expected it to be. I guess even the judges' trained eyes couldn't spot much wrong in my routines. I knew I did well, but for some of the judges to leave remarks such as 'maintains strong control over apparatus' means the world to me! Coach Kan's aura is now spontaneously charged with hopeful chick yellow and excited ribbons of red. Barely any gray in his aura remains. 

He's proud of me. My coach is proud of me. I'm so glad.

Costa's aura is darker red, surrounding him with competitive determination and immense vigor. Yesterday, I could barely make him out after that last routine, he was so absorbed in his own cloud. It freaked me out, to be entirely honest. Never before has Costa seemed so hostile towards me than in that moment. I can tell that my performance fired him up. My existence, my very threat to his spot makes his aura THAT much stronger.

Which is odd.

As I study these score sheets and stare at the changing auras of others, I think I should be feeling joyous. Pleased. Ecstatic that I'm making fast progress and living up to the title as Korea's best male gymnast. But for some reason, I can't find it in my aura. 

If anything, the region around my stomach has grown blacker, spiderwebbing up to my heart. The invisible blockade that I tethered around my body to prevent auric leaks is fraying. My own dark indigo aura is peppered with red. Ever since training started, my aura has been polluted by him, and I can't scrub it off.