Bottled Up

Weekend Mist~

Weekend Mist~

A foggy, sorrowful color that hangs around a person experiencing dull sadness. Difficult to push away, tends to be intrusive and hard to repel.

 Difficult to push away, tends to be intrusive and hard to repel

~

~

~

The last few days have been miserable. 

Miserable with a capital M.

I haven't seen Leo once.

Ever since the incident, Coach Kan has altered my normal training routine to completely avoid Leonardo Costa in every way, shape, and form. I don't train with Donnell any longer, don't train with the rest of the male gymnasts. I'm entirely isolated from the other athletes. I go to practice before they show up, flipping at God awful times in the early morning. Then, after they leave, I'm flipping some more at the darkest hours of night. During the day, I'm penned up in an empty aerobic studio on the upper floor of the complex, conditioning until I collapse.

All because a fucking phone had to ring.

I'm convinced now that Coach Kan doesn't even want me to go to the Olympics anymore. At the rate he's pushing me to slim down while still maintaining my stamina, I'm going to burn out. I already feel myself beginning to wear out. The first signs are there. Muscle fatigue, mind fog...sadness. When I get back to room 333 at midnight, I'm so tired I don't even want to eat. Half the time I fall asleep without washing up.

If Kan keeps pushing me this hard, Leonardo will win the Olympic gold medal easily. I won't even have to falter on purpose...I'll just be so deteriorated by that point that failure will greet me on its own terms. Leo will be on the top of the podium, and I'll take a tattered second. Kan will be angry with me. He'll be eternally pissed at my failure. But fuck Kan. I miss Leo.

I miss him so bad.

So fucking bad.

Coach Kan took my iPod and flip phone away to make sure I don't try to contact Leo. He's denying me any contact with Leo at all. Even though we're rooming next door to each other, Kan has made sure there is no way I can hear or see my neighbor. It's terrible.