Intercepted

Rotting Citrus~

Rotting Citrus~

A droopy, let-down orange that surrounds an individual when an intelligent endeavor is stuck. May drain someone's creative energy and shut down their efforts to continue carrying out a goal.

 May drain someone's creative energy and shut down their efforts to continue carrying out a goal

~

~

~

"Let me choose."

Leo reaches out for my iPod, an energetic hand opening and closing dramatically. I move the device out of his reach. It's not his turn to pick a song. Not yet.

"No, stop! Leo. Seriously."

Leo continues his assault, darting his other hand out in pursuit of the object. I leap off the bed, twisting to face him with a frown. His red aura flips and spins in joviality, regarding my irritation as entertaining. Teasingly, he pushes out a socked foot, tapping my thigh from his seated position on the bed. 

I never realized how childish Leo could be when not in the gym. Not until I really got to know him.

Underneath his focused and all-business champion façade is a little boy. Not in the immature, ignorant sense, but in the sense that he enjoys games and takes pleasure in winning them. Adults possess this competitive spirit too, but Leo's is the silly, 'you can't catch me' version. Leo finds it fun to compete for domestic things, and adores watching cartoons which might be labeled as childish by outsiders.

This curious side of him is the total opposite of Leonardo Costa, the world renowned gymnastics champion. It's the spirit of a hotly competitive young Brazilian boy. I can't say that I was anything like him when I was a child, but our differences amuse me.

"Give me it." He orders, kicking my leg lightly. "I want to pick a song, Jungkook."

"No, you have to wait yourstop!" 

Leo lunges for me, pinning my arms around my torso. I jerk around in his grasp, hating that his warmth makes me want to melt right into him. Now is not the time to think about that. As I struggle against him, he begins to laugh maniacally, thick high-pitched swoops falling out of his lips.