Chalky Distraction

Violet Ray~

Violet Ray~

A deep, vibrant purple color that expands as intuition develops. Signifies a deep curiosity in the world and all of its beings. Present in the minds of psychics, clairvoyants, and other deeply spiritual people.

 Present in the minds of psychics, clairvoyants, and other deeply spiritual people

~

~

~

Should I be worried?

I really should. Shouldn't I..?

It's the end of the first week of training. We just had our celebratory banquet. We were placed into training groups, and my clan is unsurprisingly linked to Leonardo Costa. That's right. For the next 5 weeks, I'll be training by his side and the American beast Donnell Whiffrey. I'm not complaining about us three training together, but...

But Costa.

He...I don't know what's happening! 

His aura, his personality, and everything attached to his prized name doesn't bother me anymore. Sure, I feel intimidated when he's around sometimes. Yes, I can sense his powerful vigor. But they aren't binding. They aren't impeding. Ever since he touched me for those fucking stretches, something passed between us. I'm not sure what. I'm not sure how.

All I know is, his aura keeps trying to pull me in. One day I was stretching in the aerobics studio and had the inexplicable urge to get a drink from the water fountain outside. Turns out, Costa was there filling up his water bottle at the exact same time. Our bathroom breaks are synced, and it's gotten to the point that if I enter the bathroom, I can tell who's in the stall before I see the red light spilling underneath it. 

Or that other time when we were in the cafeteria, and I got up to throw something away at the SAME time as him, by the SAME waste bin. He blinked at me then, tilting his head to the side. I think he senses it too, the odd co-occurring phenomena that greets us everyday. It's no longer coincidence anymore. 

Something in my intuition keeps leading me to him, again and again. 

And it makes no sense. I'm supposed to thwart the enemy, not fall in line with him. I'm supposed to dislike my biggest competitor on the basis of competitive spirit. Not fraternize with him, support his improvement. But day in and day out, I can't help but find myself dimming down the old mistrust I used to hold for him.