Ring Around the Rosie

Egg Shell~

Egg Shell~

An off-white, dirtied shade that hints at a possible underlying illness when present in the auric field.

~

~

~

A symphony.

Blaring loud alarm symphony. From my iPod. Heavy guitars and tumbling drums and screaming lyrics just how I like them. And...knocks at my door.

That was this morning.

"Jeon, are you in there?"

I heard the heavy knocks and stumbled over to the door. I was too tired to remember my talk with Coach Kan the night before or what it meant between me and Costa. When I threw open the door, I was once again met with the slim physique of my competitor, who came right into my room without first receiving cue. He sidled past me, ignoring the fact that I hadn't even had time to properly dress, and plopped down on my unmade bed. He sat there, staring at me. Absentmindedly, he reached over for my iPod and snoozed the guitar solo of TNT by AC/DC.

I hadn't woken up to my alarm. 

It was 6:35 AM, and I stood there dumbly, feeling oddly embarrassed with his scrutiny pressing me for answers.

"Sorry, Costa...for uh, making you wait." I spoke, cutting across my room to the dresser. I had moved the piece of furniture back to its original spot, by his side of the wall. I moved all my furniture back. Now that I knew he wasn't the evil devil he was amped up to be, I fixed my dorm as it was before. "I didn't wake up to my alarm-"

Costa clicked his tongue. "Let's..." He searched for a word. "Commance."

"Commence." I corrected him while pulling on a T-shirt and sweats. "And we will. We will."

He naturally knew where the English textbook was and dug it out of its spot under the bed. Costa's red aura was bright and swelling, the inherent readiness for the day swallowing me whole. Just being in his invigorating presence made me feel like a new person, like I was capable of anything. Maroon waves sent me to take a seat next to him on the bed. I opened the textbook to a certain page.