Tiger and Deer

Mud Setting~

Mud Setting~

A rotten brown that hints at insecurity and despair. A negative color that leeches the energy from the portions of the body it lingers around.

 A negative color that leeches the energy from the portions of the body it lingers around

~

~

~

I don't know what's wrong with me.

I don't know why my aura is haywire this morning. I don't know.

I woke up at 3:34 AM, tossing and turning. I couldn't fall back asleep. My mind was a demented merry-go-round, repeating the same line over and over again. Ribs. Ribs. Ribs. Ribs. The word he'd told me. Ribs.

The pillow was thoroughly damp with my sweat by the time I pulled myself out of bed. The groaning bed could offer me no more comfort. My racing heart and troubled mind were proof enough that I wouldn't be returning to sleep. So, I padded over to the kitchen. My stomach grumbled and my head felt unsettled, full of cotton.

Ribs. Ribs. Ribs.

Before I could comprehend what I was doing, I tore open the package of chips Costa had given me days ago. Twenty seconds later, the entire bag was gone. I scarfed down the entire thing in a kind of ravenous haze, leaving a trail of crumbs across my chin. After I came to terms with the fact that I just consumed the first bag, the second one had already disappeared into my stomach. 

Ribs. Ribs. Ribs.

Like a sick mantra, these words tussled and wrangled in my head. I was sweaty, unstable, and hungry. Hungrier than I've ever felt in life before.

Sitting myself in front of the mini fridge, I scavenged inside like a tortured animal. Before long, half of my food supply was gone in a fevered feast that left chunks of various foods strewn across my dorm floor. Throughout, I pleaded with my mouth, teeth, and tongue to stop eating, to give the act up already. But my possessed hands were injected with so powerful an occupant that that choice was out of the question.